Montrose Restaurant And Bar Scene - More Coming

Mick

I live right down the street, not surprising, there is a raw criminal element in that neighborhood, lots of thugs and crackheads.

Of course, that's why I always roll with my friend, Desert Eagle, point five-o.....

UloZo2E.jpg

It's good to know that Bullet-Tooth Tony is driving around in a Porsche scrubbing the seedy underbelly of Houston.

• Like 2

The 'jackers are enabled by TX law, which prohibits CHLers from carrying in bars. Hence any law-abider leaving a bar can be expected not to be armed and easy pickings.

The kids were 15 and 16 years old and dumb enough to kill a guy for an older model Ford and then be caught driving that car even after the story was all over the news.

I am willing to bet they have no idea about Texas' laws about guns and bars.

Do you really think allowing everyone to carry guns into bars is a good idea? I don't. I think we've lost our minds when it comes to guns. It is likely that if either one of those two victims had a gun, it would have been stolen and then there'd be another gun in a criminal's hands.

• Like 7

There's no telling. They may very well know about bars not allowing handguns.  Welcome to Fallujah on the Bayou.

I'm not advocating that "everyone" should be able to carry in bars. CHLers have been fingerprinted and vetted by the FBI, and have a very low incident rate regarding any criminal activity. I live about ten blocks from this murder and I even carry when mowing the lawn. But I do keep my finger away from the trigger, unlike Howard H above.

The frustrating thing about this is that these two kids probably walked right past an HPD car running a speed trap somewhere on Fannin or W Gray. I know the city needs money, but I'm getting tired of seeing police sitting in their cars with radar guns instead of actively patrolling.

• Like 5

Okay so was there a bar involved in this scenario? Why would the Chronicle report it as outside a bar?

People park on the lot to go to several different places. I've parked there a few times for karaoke. The victims were random apparently.

outside of several bars i guess.

Edited by LarryDierker
  • Like 1

Yep I'm confused-- I know the media identified FBar as "Midtown" but traditionally Midtown east of Bagby-So I wondered if the other shooting was in Midtown or Montrose.

I try to be aware of what types of crime goes on within Avondale (FBar is within Avondale) I go to all those HPD-PIP meetings each month and get the District one Crime Bulletin (lists type and street address of all reported crime on monthy basis) of all of MOntrose and in February there were no aggravated assaults within Avondale. The Media seemed to imply that the shooting at FBar might be the beginning of a trend of sorts? That's why I wanted clarification of where the other shooting occurred.

Unfortunately I happen to know the guy that was shot near the Camden superblock. The story, as has been relayed to me, is they had parked in the area, not exactly sure where, and came back to their vehicle. Once inside they were approached by two males that appeared to be asking for assistance. They looked young and unassuming so despite my friends better judgment he rolled down the window. They asked if they could use his phone. He told them that he would make the phone call for them but not hand over his phone, at which point they pulled a gun to his head. At this point my friend yelled duck (female passenger in the truck) and smashed the gas pedal. These idiots apparently let 5 bullets fly at his truck and actually landed one. He drove a few blocks before stopping outside a bar were the female that was with him ran inside asking for help covered in my friends blood. She happens to catch the attention of a doctor inside. Apparently the doctor went outside and tended to my friend until paramedics arrived. Of course once they did he was taken to the hospital and went into immediate surgery and thankfully should make a full recovery.

• Like 6

I live right down the street, not surprising, there is a raw criminal element in that neighborhood, lots of thugs and crackheads.

Of course, that's why I always roll with my friend, Desert Eagle, point five-o.....

UloZo2E.jpg

sooo.. want to be my personal protection for when i fly my quadcopter in midtown? I've got to worry about all the thugs and crackheads trying to drone-jack me now.

• Like 2

sooo.. want to be my personal protection for when i fly my quadcopter in midtown? I've got to worry about all the thugs and crackheads trying to drone-jack me now.

Did you just make up the word drone-jack? It might be worth getting your drone stolen to be the first person that was drone-jacked. Imagine the fame!

• Like 1

There's no telling. They may very well know about bars not allowing handguns.  Welcome to Fallujah on the Bayou.

I'm not advocating that "everyone" should be able to carry in bars. CHLers have been fingerprinted and vetted by the FBI, and have a very low incident rate regarding any criminal activity. I live about ten blocks from this murder and I even carry when mowing the lawn. But I do keep my finger away from the trigger, unlike Howard H above.

Glad someone said it. 

I'm sure it's not intentional, but it's a bad habit to get into.

It's like riding a motorcycle and not covering your controls when you are approaching an intersection. It may not be necessary (ever hopefully), but that one time you need to squeeze the brakes quickly, having your fingers covering your brake lever will mean an extra second in your advantage and may be the difference between a close call and an accident.

In this case, best practice is to keep your finger outside of the trigger guard until you are pointing at your target and intend to fire.

Edited by samagon