Post Oak Plaza Shopping Center At 1703-1751 Post Oak Blvd.

Oh, now come on, y'all. Enough with this Pappasito's foolishness. Y'all know there are much better Tex-Mex places in town (that also cost a lot less money and aren't as full of loud parties and screaming kids) than Pappasito's. You're killing me!

If you're that desperate for Tex-Mex in the Galleria area, there's a Ninfa's right there on Post Oak (marginally better food than Pappasito's) and a Los Cucos on Westheimer (marginally better as well). Paparrucho's on Sage does a good happy hour. La Tapatia on Richmond ain't bad either. Then again, looking at all the options I've just listed, I guess the Galleria area isn't exactly the place to get great Mexican food. Maybe a Pappasito's would fit right in with the mediocrity. :lol:

name me a better fajita.... oh that's right, you can't.

swtsig ftw!

Oh, now come on, y'all. Enough with this Pappasito's foolishness. Y'all know there are much better Tex-Mex places in town (that also cost a lot less money and aren't as full of loud parties and screaming kids) than Pappasito's. You're killing me!

If you're that desperate for Tex-Mex in the Galleria area, there's a Ninfa's right there on Post Oak (marginally better food than Pappasito's) and a Los Cucos on Westheimer (marginally better as well). Paparrucho's on Sage does a good happy hour. La Tapatia on Richmond ain't bad either. Then again, looking at all the options I've just listed, I guess the Galleria area isn't exactly the place to get great Mexican food. Maybe a Pappasito's would fit right in with the mediocrity. :lol:

I have worked right around the corner from Ninfas for the past 10 years and have watched the gradual decline from a great place to eat to IMO a place that tastes one step above a mexican TV dinnner. Unfortunately I get dragged there for work lunches or work happy hours from time to time. Drinks are good! But better that Pappasittos??? Wow.

Los Cucos is good, but I don't think their quality or service is quite Pappasitos. Still a good place to eat.

Edited by bcnet

oh my gosh please tell me you are kidding?!

los cucos and ninfas better than pappasitos?! not in my book!!! yikes!

if you had said Lupe's it might not have been as blasphemous!

:blink::blush:

Edited by gene

:lol: Touched a nerve...

I'm just gonna quote myself in my defense:

Then again, looking at all the options I've just listed, I guess the Galleria area isn't exactly the place to get great Mexican food. Maybe a Pappasito's would fit right in with the mediocrity.

They're all horribly average. Pappasito's included. Sorry. :)

• 4 months later...
:lol: Touched a nerve...

I'm just gonna quote myself in my defense:

They're all horribly average. Pappasito's included. Sorry. :)

Well looks like whatever Pappa-suffix they wanted to open is gone, flyer is updated, with the removal of Linens N Things completed too.

• 7 years later...

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/commercial-real-estate/5-exciting-post-oak-projects-underway-54544

seeing that i live one block from Post Oak and work 2 blocks from Post Oak, I am looking forward to all of these projects...(and hopefully those bus lanes on Post Oak change to light rail as some suspect the plan will be by 2020...)

• Like 3

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

It has just been announced that Masraff's will be closing/relocating to Memorial City area...

I wonder what is in the future for Post Oak Plaza with Post Oak Blvd trying to be come "THE greatest Boulevard in America" or whatever they are calling it...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/10/29/exclusive-galleria-area-restaurant-mainstay-to.html

(I don't have an account with bizjournals so I am unable to read the full article...)

• Like 2

Owner Russel Masraff decided to move his restaurant for several reasons: The timing was right, as Masraff's lease will end April 30, 2020; construction along Post Oak Boulevard has been slowing customer traffic; and the uptick of restaurants in the Galleria area made competition fierce. Masraff believes that the area around his new location lacks high-end restaurants, and those that exist are primarily steakhouses. 

Probably the most interesting snippet from the article. They're relocating to southeast corner of I-10 and Bunker Hill and the restaurant will be about 20% smaller.

Edited by paul2834
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

Well wow...Zadok's then Masraff's and now Meredith O'Donnell all moving out of Post Oak Plaza (that whole strip to the right of Luby's will be completely vacant)...do you think this is a sign that this plaza is coming to an end or that new tenants will be moving in? 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/05/11/galleria-area-furniture-store-to-move-after-rising.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gene said:

Well wow...Zadok's then Masraff's and now Meredith O'Donnell all moving out of Post Oak Plaza (that whole strip to the right of Luby's will be completely vacant)...do you think this is a sign that this plaza is coming to an end or that new tenants will be moving in? 

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2020/05/11/galleria-area-furniture-store-to-move-after-rising.html

Seems like a good time to go for the redevelopment we've all been waiting for.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Uh oh.... Luby’s going out of business maybe (says selling but...)... this plaza is a goner!!!!???

Texas icon Luby’s announces intent to sell all assets and restaurant business
https://www.click2houston.com/food/2020/06/04/texas-icon-lubys-announces-intent-to-sell-all-assets-and-restaurant-business/

Edited by gene

9 hours ago, gene said:

Uh oh.... Luby’s going out of business maybe (says selling but...)... this plaza is a goner!!!!???

Texas icon Luby’s announces intent to sell all assets and restaurant business
https://www.click2houston.com/food/2020/06/04/texas-icon-lubys-announces-intent-to-sell-all-assets-and-restaurant-business/

I remember when they did their rebranding many years ago. Was actually pretty successful. They managed to turn themselves into a decent brunch place on the weekends. But today there are so many better brunch places that it has effectively pushed them out, and if you want that cafeteria feel then you can just go to the many food halls that have opened up. Lubys has been slide for awhile. Not really surprised even with the pandemic.

• Like 1

Yeah you are right...although it is a haven for senior citizens and even when i have gone i get very nostalgic as my grandmother loved Luby's. (i miss her :( )

BUT Cleburne Cafeteria is far superior in my opinion and i love the owner George Mickelis...He is an amazing human being.

So the question remains...is this plaza on it's way out? that whole side will now be completely vacant if this Luby's closes. 

Edited by gene
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, gene said:

So the question remains...is this plaza on it's way out? that whole side will now be completely vacant if this Luby's closes. 

IIRC, Kenny & Ziggy's was planning to move to the Luby's space in Post Oak Plaza. Not sure if this is still the case. 

• Confused 1

wow that is very interesting...don't think i recall ever hearing that before...

if that was the case i wonder if the other plaza where K & Z is located would eventually move it's tenants to this plaza and do away with that one?!

that would maybe be better! 

• Like 2

On 6/4/2020 at 1:28 PM, gene said:

wow that is very interesting...don't think i recall ever hearing that before...

if that was the case i wonder if the other plaza where K & Z is located would eventually move it's tenants to this plaza and do away with that one?!

that would maybe be better! 

Not sure about moving all the tenants, but there has been some previous discussion here about potential redevelopment of the Post Oak Shopping Center:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

California Pizza Kitchen is filing for bankruptcy and closing SOME locations as shown here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/stlouis/news/2020/07/31/california-pizza-kitchen-files-for-bankruptcy.html

From what i know, this location is always slow so i can only imagine it is in danger...

Luby's in the plaza remains open but rumors are with their bankruptcy and lack of business it may not be for long...

and with everything else on the south part of the plaza closed or moving, maybe it's time for a major redevelopment or move everything in the westheimer/post oak blvd plaza to this plaza and redo that? 

i know i have brought this up previously but wow, with CPK possibly closing it will be interesting to see what is in the future for Post Oak Plaza...

• Sad 3

well i have an idea where DSW or Container Store might move to possibly.............?

today i walked to Marshalls at lunch at Post Oak Centre and man the place is very sparse compared to normal and there are huge signs everywhere in the store saying Big Discounts and Huge Clearance etc...so i asked the girl that works at the front if they were closing and she said "well.................i am not sure what the deal is..." and i said can you not tell me or something? and she just looked at me and smiled. So i said well i hope you aren't closing and she said "me too"...eek! I love me some Marshall's, especially one walking distance...

but yep looks pretty imminent and again, with the Post Oak Plaza closing, something will probably move in here from there. (I THINK Marshall's space is too small for Dick's Sporting Goods but maybe they could cram most of it into this space? but that is why i think DSW or Container would be more likely...)

I definitely want Whole Earth Provisions to find a cool new spot as well! love that place. 

edit: 

adding that maybe Dick's Sporting Goods or DSW could move into the old Ethan Allen space!? that would work too! 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

in what is the craziest news ever for ME anyway is that seemingly overnight, California Pizza Kitchen not only closed but this morning there is this HUGE dumpster out front and not kidding when i say it is almost completely a hollow shell already! 

wowsa

now just wondering if something will move in or will they knock it down etc!?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by this morning..the Levcor sign at the corner of Post Oak and San Felipe has California Pizza Kitchen covered up with i think it said: Big Changes in 2021 or something similar.

There were tons of vehicles at CPK with the building being nothing but a shell and crews ripping apart the concrete ground inside...that leads me to believe that they are going to use this building...anyone have any insight yet? i think it would be a cool place for Whole Earth Provisions to relocate...my first thought was Container Store but think it might be too small?

edit 10/01/20 to say wow just thought of this...how much you want to bet that Starbucks moves to the old CPK location?! that would be perfect IF indeed the westheimer/post oak location has to close due to the plans of that development/land. 

lots of windows, about the same size (although bigger)...and they could probably configure in a drive through there as well since it's on the corner!....

we shall see i guess but that would make more sense!

Edited by gene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...