Post Oak Plaza Shopping Center At 1703-1751 Post Oak Blvd.

feel the same! I do feel like the white and curved Kenny & Ziggys portion is out of place and doesn't match the rest of the plaza's aesthetic...but do like it...i am hoping they still do what they said earlier about matching the uptown park area's vibe...was hoping for more "hangout areas" to take away from the giant parking lot feel at this plaza.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

agreed....Nando's did an especially great job in creating a fun and standout design...really brings this plaza to life as i think i mentioned in my review...also, i mentioned their amazing Roasted Brussels Sprouts drizzled with PERi Ranch!!! OMG 🤤

also one note...regarding the huge space between Kenny & Ziggy's and Balboa Surf Club, while the facade of Arhaus is only like 70 percent finished, all the signage is up...which makes me ask...what in the heck is going into their old location!? please make it something useful...in fact i wish they would bring back Barnes & Noble there...

Edited by gene
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

The Rakkan Ramen and Tacodeli signage is now up! 

I am guessing both will be open this spring! 

(and ps...while no signage is up, they are working on the facade and patio of Local Foods so i am betting on a spring opening there as well!)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

update since i can't edit above... was able to get a look inside both Rakkan Ramen and Tacodeli and still a while to go before any substantial work is done so those won't be until summer is my guess...but Local Foods is nearing completion with an all new facade being worked on while i type....i am guessing this may have a May opening, maybe sooner!

• Like 1

I agree that the plaza looks amazing! and hey are you speaking of the blue tiles above Local Foods as shown above? they spent like 2 weeks putting those tiles up! what i want to know is if they are really keeping the turquois on the metal as i hate it haha! it doesn't look as bad in this photo but in real life, but in person, to me, it looks unfinished. we shall see! Right now they are finishing up the wood slats panels over the large outdoor/patio area. The inside looks finished from what I can tell! 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to CultureMap, Local Foods is open at Post Oak Plaza. The restaurant replaced the former Panera Bread unit at 1709 Post Oak Blvd. 

Prior to relocated to its current location, Local Foods operated in Gables Tanglewood at 5740 San Felipe.)

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/local-foods-post-oak-opening/

Interior photos of Local Foods' new location in Post Oak Plaza. The photos are included in the CultureMap article linked in the previous post.

Local Foods is located at 1709 Post Oak Blvd.

flr0hNA.jpeg

bdHAxfi.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rakken Ramen looks to open any day now with all the patio furniture set up and a menu on the door...tons of activity inside as well. 

Tacodeli will be open next month i bet as i got a peek in the doors and the inside looks to be finishing up nicely although they still have the window coverings up. 

i will say that Local Foods looks so boring on the inside in person and they are still finishing up the outdoor built in seating/partial wall enclosures. it IS open (as previously mentioned) and a friend and i went inside and felt like we were at that weird employee only cafe in Post Oak Central that is located next to where Tommy's Grill was. So we decided to go elsewhere. They have this horrible 4 globe light lamp post outside the entrance that doesn't match anything and just looks like they just plopped it there in hopes to bring some personality to the place. Instead of adding interest, it just looks misplaced. And not that this place isn't nice...it just has no personality. Already miss the old location. 

• Like 1