Post Oak Plaza Shopping Center At 1703-1751 Post Oak Blvd.

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Post Oak Plaza Developments
On 3/20/2021 at 8:19 PM, Highrise Tower said:

Marugame Udon.

092WSaC.png

That seems to be the Madison Lily Rugs space...

and this new place sounds pretty cool! https://www.marugameudon.com/

I have never heard of it before...and as shown on the site:

Marugame Udon provides hand crafted udon bowls, tempura, katsu sandos and beverages from a theater kitchen, allowing guests to watch as food is prepared. Our udon noodles are made to order so that we are sure that you are getting the best tasting Japanese food on the planet. Whether you are a new guest or a regular you should check out our menu because we like to keep it exciting.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Article About All The Changes Coming To Uptown
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any insider info regarding any major changes to the shopping center next to this new Zadok building? (where Kadok used to be along with Mazraff's and Meredith O'Donnell)

It seems that the entire right side of the shopping center is now vacant and they have signs up saying "change is in the air in 2021"

Also a couple dumpsters are on site but that could be related to the old California Pizza Kitchen building on the corner.

This shopping center has so much potential for a mixed use or something cool. 

• Like 2

Remember Kenny and Ziggy's is taking up the whole Luby's space and possibly more on that end as they are making this a restaurant and more as mentioned earlier...so that could take up some of the space possibly to the right of Lubys...we shall see. 

I know the old Masraff's had a sign that stated something like restaurant space for lease...so obviously looking for another restaurant to take over. 

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

Their leasing plan shows:

-- a "specialty retailer" opening 1st Q 2022 in the space where Masraff's was.

-- A restaurant opening Fall 2021 between Madison Lily and The Arrangement

-- Bill Walker Clothier opening Spring 2021 (already done and open, I believe) in the space next to Luby's/Kenny & Ziggy's 

-- Zadok's former space is shown as "available."

-- "Restaurant" opening Fall 2021 in the CPK building.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 11:46 AM, Houston19514 said:

Their leasing plan shows:

-- "Restaurant" opening Fall 2021 in the CPK building.

Dallas-based restaurant to open first Houston location near the Galleria

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2021/06/08/il-bracco-restaurant-post-oak-galleria-area.html

Dallas-based Italian restaurant Il Bracco will open in Houston this fall at 1705 Post Oak Blvd.

It’s the first Houston location for the brand. The 6,000-square-foot restaurant will seat 160 inside, including at a bar, and 35 outside. It replaces a former California Pizza Kitchen, and Austin-based Michael Hsu Office of Architecture will handle the redesign.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

WHOA! Love it! I am surprised they didn't decide to make this a 2 story at least but wow love the design and look...i guess they could always build out something in the middle of the entire lot like the jewel box at Galleria if needed

Again, A+ and thank you @asubrtfor the awesome info and renderings!

Edited by gene
  • Like 2

Is this the "Change is in the Air" Changes were were expecting?  I wasn't.   This is just a new outfit for the strip mall with a few parking spaces converted to Patio Seating.  No increased density on this key boulevard.    Guess I am not surprised basis the leasing activity...but still....  

• Like 3

This place has been so empty for so long during the Pandemic, how is construction not wrapping up now lol. I'm still sad that Luby's is gone, that was part of my weekly rotation pre-pandemic.

I'm glad they are doing SOMETHING because as it currently is its getting smoked by Uptown Park and the development across the street. It looks like they saw the improvement Uptown park made (which wasn't a whole lot) and were like "can we do 50% of that??" The answer is no, not anymore. Like, you can't be lacking lessees pre-pandemic, see what the pandemic did to everything, and then roll out a patio and 5 trees and 10 bushes and say "See! We get it!" Especially on Post Oak of all streets in Houston. Edit: I'm not saying I expected a second story or some crazy transformation, but it just needs to elevate itself a biiiiit more than the pictures show and it didn't. I actually like the renderings, just wish there was a bit more.

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 2

Definitely not a change "in the air", but its a refreshing change nonetheless.

Has there been any discussion about BerryHill staying or relocating? The article does not mention them.

Hopefully Post Oak Shopping Center, just to the south of this Plaza, will give the mid/high rises we hoped for.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Uptown Houstonians Have Class!
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1751 is actually where Meredith O'Donnell Furniture store was and the Dash Market is temporarily for the holidays...

next door and at the corner is 1753 and that is where Masraff's was so this will be interesting 

Edited by gene
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, hindesky said:

I wonder which portion of Post Oak Plaza this will be in.

vbnozY3.png

lCH4VjF.png

pWMgVeN.png

J5oL3m8.jpg

16 hours ago, gene said:

1751 is actually where Meredith O'Donnell Furniture store was and the Dash Market is temporarily for the holidays...

next door and at the corner is 1753 and that is where Masraff's was so this will be interesting 

It looks like Balboa Surf Club is a new restaurant concept from the same hospitality group bringing il Bracco to Houston. I think it's a smart move on their part having two of their concepts in the same commercial development. 

Maybe Balboa Surf Club will be a seafood restaurant at Post Oak Plaza, possibly on the higher end? I don't know.

Thanks for the clarification, Gene. When I saw 1751 Post Oak Blvd as the given address and this being a restaurant, I assumed this is taking over Masraff's old digs.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been seeing alot online about Post Oak Plaza and i drive, walk or ride by it almost every day and they definitely have not started work on the "redesign" or renovation of the entire plaza...

i will say that the construction is coming along nicely at Il Bracco and their signage on the building is now up as well! (the old California Pizza Kitchen) and i can see that opening by maybe April? and Kenny & Ziggy's looks ready to open (for awhile now)... Jan 16th is their last day at the current location and the opening at the new location is TBA but my bet is that it opens around Feb 1st! 

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/dining/kenny-ziggy-s-set-to-move-its-deli-to-new-16752240

Edited by gene
  • Like 3