Navigation Place: Retail Center At 2929 Navigation Blvd.

5 hours ago, 77011transplant said:

Teaspresso, a boba tea shop, broke ground a few days ago (https://www.instagram.com/teapressobarhtxeado/). This will be their second location (first location is in the Heights). Looks like they're slated to open this summer. 

I know they said “broke ground” in their post, but I don’t think that’s the proper term in this context, right? I associate that phrase more with construction of a building commencing (when you have a literal ground breaking ceremony). They’re just leasing a suite in an existing shopping center.

(sorry for being pedantic)

3 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I know they said “broke ground” in their post, but I don’t think that’s the proper term in this context, right? I associate that phrase more with construction of a building commencing (when you have a literal ground breaking ceremony). They’re just leasing a suite in an existing shopping center.

I literally saw piles of broken concrete slab a little way down from Roostar in the back of the complex. 

On 5/8/2021 at 4:48 PM, thedistrict84 said:

well, if they're going into a brand new, never been used suite (which I think this is a brand new strip center), they will be breaking ground, the first thing to go into a brand new strip suite is plumbing, specifically the pipes to tie into the sewer, they gotta break the concrete to put in those pipes.

so maybe break concrete?

32 minutes ago, samagon said:

well, if they're going into a brand new, never been used suite (which I think this is a brand new strip center), they will be breaking ground, the first thing to go into a brand new strip suite is plumbing, specifically the pipes to tie into the sewer, they gotta break the concrete to put in those pipes.

so maybe break concrete?

I completely understand the need to dig up slab and whatever other work is needed for plumbing and so forth during a buildout of an existing suite in a strip center, I just have never heard the term "break ground" in that context. I just have exclusively heard--and therefore always associated--that exact phrase with the beginning of construction of the building itself. 

Admittedly, I do not work in the construction industry, so maybe someone who does work in the field can interject. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2021 at 4:22 PM, hindesky said:

Since Les Givrals near me closed people have recommended Roostar as an alternative, although it's not close by I want to try it.

If you're ever Downtown during business hours, try S & T in the Binz Building. They fed me often while I was working from home.

Excited to have something this close open up. One less trip over 59 is a win. 

On 6/27/2021 at 12:22 AM, hindesky said:

Since Les Givrals near me closed people have recommended Roostar as an alternative, although it's not close by I want to try it.

I enthusiastically recommend Cafe 13 (same plaza as Pho Saigon, Siu Lap City, etc). Their banh mi is excellent.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, linearmovement said:

I enthusiastically recommend Cafe 13 (same plaza as Pho Saigon, Siu Lap City, etc). Their banh mi is excellent.

This place is my current go to.   They're very generous with the meat.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 8:55 AM, Montrose1100 said:

If you're ever Downtown during business hours, try S & T in the Binz Building. They fed me often while I was working from home.

Excited to have something this close open up. One less trip over 59 is a win. 

they are pretty good.

I always used to joke when I'd walk by, their signage was quite confusing, they offer both smoothies, and pho, but the way they had the signs, it looked like they offered pho smoothies. my co-workers started walking different routes so we'd not go in front of S&T cause they were tired of me saying anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2021 at 12:42 AM, linearmovement said:

Tried the Cafe 13 banh mi today on your recommendation, very good and they put a lot of meat in it compared to some places.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stopped by Teaspresso this AM. Still in their soft opening. If you've been to the Heights location, then you'll be familiar with the vibe and menu. A little expensive for boba imo (a boba with one topping and a 18% tip ran me $7), but it's good. 

The person I spoke to, who I believe is one of the owners, lives closeby in the neighborhood, so grab some boba and support local! 

Edited by 77011transplant
  • Like 4

• The title was changed to Navigation Place: Navigation Blvd. At Ennis St.
  • 2 months later...

I think Acadian-Cajun restaurant Acadian Coast may close its location at Navigation Place.

Last month, a listing for 2929 Navigation Blvd, Suite 200 appeared on a few real estate sites. Acadian Coast occupies suite 200. 

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/464678/texas-2929-navigation-blvd-houston-tx-77003

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/464678/flyer

Wsl5xaY.jpg

5uqPkjA.jpg

NiI9wiZ.jpg

2uJnAYn.jpg

vDIueXA.jpg

pCjcFwJ.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 8:00 PM, JBTX said:

Not to be THAT guy, but their airport code is KAUS, not KATX. But yes, the HTX controversy comes from it looking like Houston is ripping off Austin's nickname.

I am late to this, but there are three codes for airports in the US. In this case AUS is the IATA code for Austin-Bergstrom, KAUS is the ICAO code, and AUS is the FAA LID code.

ATX is an airport in Kazakhstan with a 5,000 ft unpaved landing strip. It does not have an ICAO code, apparently.

And that concludes this episode of "Things You Never Knew You Wanted to Know".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

I think Acadian-Cajun restaurant Acadian Coast may close its location at Navigation Place.

Last month, a listing for 2929 Navigation Blvd, Suite 200 appeared on a few real estate sites. Acadian Coast occupies suite 200. 

https://www.crexi.com/lease/properties/464678/texas-2929-navigation-blvd-houston-tx-77003

https://api-lease.crexi.com/assets/464678/flyer

Bummer. They have a great bar/happy hour. But on the other hand, I don't think I've ever seen them close to capacity for a space that size.

It's not surprising at all to me. The quality of food and service especially has gone down since they opened. I hoped they'd turn it around but it seems like there was no attempt to improve things.  Seems like a management issue. It's a great location and building and i'm optimistic that some other entity will move in soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2020 at 9:37 AM, EastEndHeritage said:

My gut feeling is that even if this place opens, it will not stay in business for too long. There is a lot great food in the area for a reasonable price. Corkys is overprice and not even authentic Texas BBQ. Sad to say this about a business coming to my hood.

When I am right, I am right.

I was talking about when the place supposed to be Corkys, but the principal stands. Also, the owner was a big MAGA fanboy so not sad at all. Karma.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, EastEndHeritage said:

When I am right, I am right.

I was talking about when the place supposed to be Corkys, but the principal stands. Also, the owner was a big MAGA fanboy so not sad at all. Karma.

You called it! (kind of) Also, good riddance if that last statement is true.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1