Navigation Place: Retail Center At 2929 Navigation Blvd.

On 12/3/2020 at 10:01 AM, Mr.Clean19 said:

Is HAIF in the business of cancelling folks based on social media now?

No, but exposing property owners social media posts allows people to choose where to spend their money. Lots of folks prefer not to spend money with businesses that post political beliefs the customer disagrees with. Other HAIFers might be drawn to the business due to the posts.

• Like 5

On 12/3/2020 at 10:01 AM, Mr.Clean19 said:

Is HAIF in the business of cancelling folks based on social media now?

I’ve never understood why business owners are so eager to put their political beliefs out there and risk alienating potential customers. Unless you own something with an inherently-partisan customer base like a shooting range or something, what would you gain? 

• Like 6

On 12/6/2020 at 7:27 PM, thedistrict84 said:

I’ve never understood why business owners are so eager to put their political beliefs out there and risk alienating potential customers. Unless you own something with an inherently-partisan customer base like a shooting range or something, what would you gain? 

Even worse, I've never understood why business professionals on a professional networking site are so eager to put their political beliefs out there and risk alienating potential employers, but judging from casual perusals of LinkedIn recently, there's apparently no shortage of people who are completely fine with doing so, and in quite crude terms to boot. 

BTW, shooting ranges (at least the better-run ones) aren't necessarily as inherently partisan as you might think if you rarely frequent them. Check out r/liberalgunowners over on Reddit for a refreshing antidote to the commonly-held stereotype of the troglodyte range-dweller.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, mkultra25 said:

BTW, shooting ranges (at least the better-run ones) aren't necessarily as inherently partisan as you might think if you rarely frequent them. Check out r/liberalgunowners over on Reddit for a refreshing antidote to the commonly-held stereotype of the troglodyte range-dweller.  

That’s fair, my past experience with gun ranges has typically been outdoor ranges situated in the suburbs (or even further out), and as you can probably guess those are primarily frequented by people from the area who fall much more to the right side of the political spectrum.

Edited by thedistrict84

certainly, looking at the presidential election results, county by county, you can pinpoint urban counties and rural counties just from being red or blue.

so yeah, the gun range (for example) near the galleria will probably have more blueish customers, while a gun range out in Navasota will probably have some red customers. it's only natural.

Regardless of whether or not they should share their views online, I'm extremely disappointed that they aren't offering take out options on their website. Open table claims they do take out so it's possible they take orders by phone, but I'm not in a hurry to eat out at this point but would be more willing to order take out. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, thedistrict84 said:

They managed to use the controversial "HTX" in their handle AND got the name of the neighborhood very wrong (this is not and should never be EaDo, that's on the other side of the tracks). I'm almost impressed. 

I'm not challenging you, but why is HTX considered controversial? Is it the same reason why EaDo makes people cringe? 

11 minutes ago, JLWM8609 said:

I'm not challenging you, but why is HTX considered controversial? Is it the same reason why EaDo makes people cringe? 

It seems like we’re trying too hard to copy Austin and ATX which is their airport code. The preferred abbreviation is HOU for us 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, downtownian said:

It seems like we’re trying too hard to copy Austin and ATX which is their airport code. The preferred abbreviation is HOU for us 

Not to be THAT guy, but their airport code is KAUS, not KATX. But yes, the HTX controversy comes from it looking like Houston is ripping off Austin's nickname.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, JBTX said:

Not to be THAT guy, but their airport code is KAUS, not KATX. But yes, the HTX controversy comes from it looking like Houston is ripping off Austin's nickname.

Wow not sure why I thought it was the airport code. Any idea of how Austin got ATX?

You know, I grew up in Austin, but have no idea how they came up with ATX. I always assumed it was an amalgamation of "Austin" and "Texas" shorthand to make it sound cool, and that's it. I guess "Austin" itself doesn't really sound cool, so they made it shorter a la NYC, LA, CDMX, DFW, etc.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

They managed to use the controversial "HTX" in their handle AND got the name of the neighborhood very wrong (this is not and should never be EaDo, that's on the other side of the tracks). I'm almost impressed. 

From the post above yours it looks like Oso's @hectorgarciahtx is also rockin' the "HTX".

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to Navigation Place: Navigation Blvd At Ennis St.
  • 3 weeks later...