Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

4 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I went to Friday's game, and the amount of Cubs fans in attendance was unreal. I get it, they're first in mlb, but I've been to Astros/Rangers games with less Rangers fans than Friday nights game. 

No way! I was there too haha. The amount of cubs fans was off the charts! Didn't know they traveled so well, but then we learned that the bears are also in town so I suspect that many of these people are double dipping this weekend. Sucked that the Stros lose, but was a nice game. Been really impressed with just how much this part of downtown has changed. Was walking around after the game the area around the ballpark was buzzing and Main Street was really cool to see buzzing as well.

47 minutes ago, Twinsanity02 said:

With anywhere between 1040 to 1350 units opening ( assuming block 98 goes up) in the next few years there going to be many folks in need of a grocery store, pharmacy etc. Either that or there are going to be many irritated and unhappy people in the area.

Currently there's only one pharmacy in downtown (above ground) that I can think of - the CVS on main.  You would think there would at least be a Walgreen's across the street or down the block.

• Like 2

With the density levels going up in residential development downtown surely at some point some of these hesitant retailers will start to see the value in downtown.

There's only 150,000 people working downtown Monday thru Friday, and add visitors in hotels and residents and it seems like a no brainer.

Wake up retail!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ctaf said:

Nice picture of the catalyst, but that's a really big white wall on the Marriott Marquis

^^^ i concur.  i have mentioned the BIG WHITE WALL quite often to no avail.  i have NEVER seen anything as bizarre as that upon a new hotel structure, and no-one seems to harbor a clue as to why it's designed this way.  surely, there must be an important purpose behind this shocking exterior design.....?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ i concur.  i have mentioned the BIG WHITE WALL quite often to no avail.  i have NEVER seen anything as bizarre as that upon a new hotel structure, and no-one seems to harbor a clue as to why it's designed this way.  surely, there must be an important purpose behind this shocking exterior design.....?

It doesn't look as bad in person because you can see the texture so it's not necessarily a blank white wall, but I agree.  Don't forget I'm sure it will be covered up with whatever is eventually built in front of it.   

• Like 1