Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

Lol, where is the parking district exactly? I always thought it was the eastern side in General. There have been so much development north of Dallas that half of them are gone. The western part of southern downtown has/had a lot too. In my mind I never thought of the SE part of downtown as the Parking district, but like I said I have no clue.

The entire south end needs some love though. I'm glad that we are seeing some lots go with skyhouse and the four other planned residential in the south east

The Parking District is a majority of blocks southeast of Louisiana and southwest of Dallas. The crown jewel and center is that 16 story garage going up.
  • Like 2

The Parking District is a majority of blocks southeast of Louisiana and southwest of Dallas. The crown jewel and center is that 16 story garage going up.

I would agree geographically.  To me the heart of the Parking District would have to be the 5 contiguous blocks of surface parking between Clay-Milam-Bell-Travis-Leeland-Fannin.  It would be useful if the city put up marker signs in the District to help people better identify it.  

Back on Skyhouse, I've never thought the design is especially poor.  The proportions and scale seem fine to me.

• Like 1

For a 24 floor residential tower - its serviceable.  I kind of like it....minus the balcony based a/c units!

Those balconies with the a/c units on them are going to turn into an absolute mess in the future. Imagine the rust  stains coming off the sides of the balconies.

• Like 1

Those balconies with the a/c units on them are going to turn into an absolute mess in the future. Imagine the rust  stains coming off the sides of the balconies.

Surely the intelligent people that designed this thing took these scenarios into consideration?

Right?

• Like 1

Those balconies with the a/c units on them are going to turn into an absolute mess in the future. Imagine the rust stains coming off the sides of the balconies.

Are they A/C units or just a vent cover? Many residential highrises have central AC (cold water from cooling tower). That grill you see may be to cover the exhaust vent for the dryers, stove exhaust fan, and bathroom vent fan. OneParkPlace works that way.

agreed, rust stains would look horrible, but the AC's for homes don't rust all over the place, so I bet these will be fine.  

Nope, they are large A/C boxes on each balcony. Usually two per balcony for each residential unit. I'll try to take a picture next time.

Wow, that really surprises me.

I just checked the floor plans, and, you are correct. There is no "air handler" in a closet on any of the plans.

My guess is that since this is like the 10th or 12th time that they have built a skyhouse (likely very similar designs for each), any "rusting" issues with the AC would have been figured out. But, we shall see.

Why would there be two per unit?

No, one A/C unit per apartment unit. Two apartment units per balcony with a divider in the center, making it two A/C units per balcony.

Edit: Before they put in the dividers, they were one balcony in total. I mean, technically it is still one balcony but that divider separates the units more now.

Edited by Triton