Skyhouse Houston II: Multifamily At 1044 Jefferson St.

lockmat

interesting that our exterior has silver panels running up the balconies.. the one in Austin has dark blue panels. i almost had forgotten that the top of the "pillars" near the roof will be illuminated as well until i drove through Austin yesterday evening. that should be nice.. get a little more lighting in our skyline. i wish it was color changing or something but the white is nice.

When is this supposed to open? Will the retail open at the same time?

Move-in date for the lower half of the building is planned for June 1, with the upper half moving in July 1.  No idea about the retail, but I do know that in other cities where SkyHouses have gone up, the retail has filled in after the building was officially open to tenants.

• Like 3

Move-in date for the lower half of the building is planned for June 1, with the upper half moving in July 1. No idea about the retail, but I do know that in other cities where SkyHouses have gone up, the retail has filled in after the building was officially open to tenants.

Any idea what the pre-leased occupancy percentage is?

I am a huge fan of modern/minimalist interiors. But, I hate exposed concrete. I just looks "unfinished and unsightly" to me. Others will justifiably love it. But not me.

That's how I felt about the Mosaic condos when they went up on Almeda. They've grown on me a tiny bit but still I think it would look better if the concrete was treated somehow, or covered.

• Like 1

I think that how fast these new apartments fill up will have an impact on the other new developments -- i.e., those announced, but not started.  I hope Skyhouse does well.  

I haven't revealed this on HAIF yet but my best friend is actually looking to live here... possbily. I've been helping him apartment shop in the Washington/downtown/Midtown area. So far, the Washington area looks the most appealing. Annnnyway, we've been going to the leasing office at GreenStreet for a few days now and will be back on Monday or Tuesday. I'll post some of the indoor renderings they emailed to him. I'm actually surprised how expensive some of the units are actually. To get a New York style efficiency unit that has basically your bed, your living room, and your kitchen in ONE room, the entire thing cost $1500 on the sixth floor. May not sound too bad but if they are trying to get "young professionals", it may scare off a few. With the pool on top and the view of downtown, I think it sounds great but my best friend isn't totally sold.

I bring this up because since I've been going to the leasing office, there have been A LOT of people in there to buy units. Usually older people, surprisingly. I'd say most of them are in their late 40s and they would appear to be people that work in downtown. In fact, the days that I've gone, they've been closing on units everytime. 

• Like 1

This is the efficiency my friend is looking at at Skyhouse:

14205411401_82dbf65d3c_o.jpg

14185565436_d315bf72c5_o.jpg

This is the lounge on the roof:

14022044499_5d3e802e4b_o.jpg

14206241012_b889a5d1c2_o.jpg

And apparently the views are SO good, that you'll get a view of downtown Austin:

14022042148_62eb75ba5f_o.jpg

14206241052_7bdd2c940d_o.jpg

14022112967_fc6d6a740d_o.jpg

• Like 4

why does all of the furnishings look as though they came from ikea?  everything just seems so very light and fragile.. almost as if it's akin to a dollhouse.  mark me down, as not at all impressed with this skyhouse concept.

• Like 1

Any idea what the pre-leased occupancy percentage is?

Couldn't tell ya.  I put a deposit on a unit right after the leasing office opened back in January.  They'd only been open for a week or so at that point, but the leasing agent did say they were getting one or two deposits a day right off the bat.  I imagine that rate has increased as the building nears completion.

You can go to their website and look at the available units and get somewhat of an idea of how full each floor is by looking at the first couple numbers of the unit.  I want to say my floor was about 60-70% leased when I looked at it about a month ago.

Will be interesting to see if the pre-lease numbers drop after the building comes on line, because I know when I put my deposit down I was given the option of cancelling my reservation and getting the deposit back once I get a chance to actually look at the unit.

• Like 3

Couldn't tell ya. I put a deposit on a unit right after the leasing office opened back in January. They'd only been open for a week or so at that point, but the leasing agent did say they were getting one or two deposits a day right off the bat. I imagine that rate has increased as the building nears completion.

You can go to their website and look at the available units and get somewhat of an idea of how full each floor is by looking at the first couple numbers of the unit. I want to say my floor was about 60-70% leased when I looked at it about a month ago.

Will be interesting to see if the pre-lease numbers drop after the building comes on line, because I know when I put my deposit down I was given the option of cancelling my reservation and getting the deposit back once I get a chance to actually look at the unit.

Thank you for this! Very interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody that's interested, the move-in dates have been delayed again.  Now they are looking to move the entire building in starting the second week in July.  Apparently had a few more unforeseen construction delays, but are close to completion now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...