On 6/2/2021 at 9:05 AM, Houstonian4Life said:

They have an excavator on site digging up where the survey stakes are at in Phase 1.  Unofficial groundbreaking?

Maybe for one of the developments? Utilities and Paving plans are bidding the 3rd week of June I believe. Hopefully that means that by end of July, we will see a ton more activity out here to set the infrastructure needed for Phase I. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ljchou said:

There are basically no permits in this system for East River yet

The project screenshot above lists a start date of 10/15/21, when would you expect to see permits to meet that date? I'm just curious what sort of lead time is needed typically.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sapo2367 said:

The project screenshot above lists a start date of 10/15/21, when would you expect to see permits to meet that date? I'm just curious what sort of lead time is needed typically.

From what I've seen from other businesses most are almost instantaneous but I would expect them to get plan review requests in a few weeks early.

Edited by ljchou
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, hindesky said:

Hard to see thru the shrubbery but there is a barge doing shore pilings on the East End's river bank.

uMJaSkW.jpg

I just walked through there this morning and noticed the same thing. Do you go through those paths on your bike? A portion of the path is unpaved through there, and it gets a bit rough. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, thedistrict84 said:

I just walked through there this morning and noticed the same thing. Do you go through those paths on your bike? A portion of the path is unpaved through there, and it gets a bit rough. 

I rode up to the barge, and turned around. I've been further east in the past and yes it becomes a dirt trail. First time I rode I felt uncomfortable because it looked like a homeless encampment. This time I saw several people walking with dogs and 1 bike rider so it felt much more comfortable. I always get off at Talente Bilingue because 2 sets of people have been mugged with guns for their bikes, phones and wallets near Clayton Homes.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

I rode up to the barge, ad turned around. I've been further east in the past and yes it becomes a dirt trail. First time I rode I felt uncomfortable because it looked like a homeless encampment. This time I saw several people walking with dogs and 1 bike rider so it felt much more comfortable. I always get off at Talente Bilingue because 2 sets of people have been mugged with guns for their bikes, phones and wallets near Clayton Homes.

Yeah, I bike and walk the area often. East of Jensen along the bayou is fine, though parts are unpaved still. Never had any problems. West of Jensen near Clayton Homes is not great, as noted.

• Like 4