1 hour ago, 77011transplant said:

The first time we passed that sign, my partner said, "Wouldn't pancakes taste better?" 

It's actually a pretty fun event that has been held at Market Square Park for years. It usually draws pretty big crowds but I'm not sure how well it's gonna do at this new venue. Hope it does so good that they do it here every year though.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, hindesky said:

QKsH2nj.jpg

looking at this picture again, and not to beat a dead horse (too late I guess), not sure how anyone can say they aren't designing this to take full advantage of their assets: aka downtown skyline and bayou frontage.

• Like 5

On 3/12/2021 at 3:38 PM, Paco Jones said:

Project:

Riverhouse Restaurant and Golf Course

65 Hirsch Road

Houston, TX 77020

(Previously 4100 Clinton Drive)

Owner:

East River Lead Ventures, LLC (Midway Companies)

Architect:

Phil Schawe Architect

Information:

Renovations and additions of an existing warehouse facility in East End Houston into a full restaurant and bar named “Riverhouse” (approximately 14,370 SF). It will anchor a public, 9-hole, par 3 golf course in Midway’s East River. This will be moving forward soon.

The red dashed line on the floorplan denotes the new addition.

ajCR6Bl.png

ksHWCLb.png

8VjJUiN.png

Is this going to be purely virtual golf or is there going to be a physical pitch and putt?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BuffaloBayouBred said:

Is this going to be purely virtual golf or is there going to be a physical pitch and putt?

East9 will be an actual 9 hole course with driving range and restaurant/bar

• Like 9

12 hours ago, BuffaloBayouBred said:

Do you have a link to the project info?

The work is supposed to start this week and a press release should be mid June.  No link, just getting from someone involved in the golf/restaurant part of the project

• Like 8

But "Puppies for Breakfast" got your attention and you remember it.

Hope those events do well and it doesn't turn into Coffee with Cars. I guess the equivalent would be trashy people with aggressive dogs coming and ruining it for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Houstonian4Life said:

ABC did a segment on East River this morning.  East River posted it on their IG page, not a whole lot of info, just that summer is groundbreaking.  No mention about the golf course / icehouse though.  

The Midway rep I spoke with at the Puppies for Breakfast thing last weekend confirmed that the golf course would be going forward along with the icehouse/restaurant portion, although they have not officially announced it. 

(I sincerely hope that my mention of this will not result in her being drawn and quartered for divulging non-public information prematurely)

• Like 6

23 hours ago, Houstonian4Life said:

ABC did a segment on East River this morning.  East River posted it on their IG page, not a whole lot of info, just that summer is groundbreaking.  No mention about the golf course / icehouse though.  

It's almost like ABC 13 reads this forum and is trying to stir up conversation. They titled the segment "Houston's own River Walk? See what's going up along Buffalo Bayou"

here's a link the video - https://abc13.com/east-river-houston-buffalo-bayou-fifth-ward-mixed-use/10613983/

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

So are the drive in movie, golf course and icehouse all temporary? Is anyone else a little nervous about them building all of these temporary revenue sources and then scaling back later phases because “this is good enough, we’re making money.”

• Like 1

Me Neither.  A Drive-in and a small golf course wont earn near as much as a building full of tenants.  Look at the other projects Midway has completed.   Might be 10 to 15 years before they get down to the Golf Course, but I don't think that even the golf course people think that this is forever.  

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

Me Neither.  A Drive-in and a small golf course wont earn near as much as a building full of tenants.  Look at the other projects Midway has completed.   Might be 10 to 15 years before they get down to the Golf Course, but I don't think that even the golf course people think that this is forever.

Probably true but Kirby Ice House has a higher NOI (and a much higher return due to the difference in cost) than the proforma for the shelved multifamily development that was planned on the site, so you never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1