Central Square At 2100 Travis St.

WestGrayGuy

• 3 weeks later...

ugh. I hate this building so much. It's going to take these people years to remodel it. Not to mention it isn't a very nice building architecturally anyway. They had a great opportunity to do something nice, but went the safe route and remodel a building that should just be torn down.

• Like 1

Drove by Downtown on the elevated this weekend - and while I want this building to be renovated and redone, it is really the biggest eyesore in the whole area.  Days Inn, while abandoned, rotting and ugly is not "front and center" like Central Square.  Days Inn is also further from the average viewpoint of people so its true ugliness is somewhat hidden, while CS is just right next to the freeway and right there for all eyes to see.

My hope is the developer can get a loan and at least clean this building up.  A shame they can't work more quickly.

I walked by this afternoon and they have most of the lower floors gutted, but I didn't hear anything more than a generator running.  I wish they would hurry up take those broken/dirty windows out.  Gaping holes in the building would look better and allow Larry to take better pictures for us  :ph34r:

Arche I kinda disagree. I circled both ome day last week, and while central bank has potential, I don't see any redeeming qualities in Days.

Days Inn in stink, it has no street presence, the hunking garage limits interaction with the surroundings, the building is ugly. I have advocated for keeping this building in the past, but after a thorough external walk around, I have shifted my support to central bank.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Arche I kinda disagree. I circled both ome day last week, and while central bank has potential, I don't see any redeeming qualities in Days.

Days Inn in stink, it has no street presence, the hunking garage limits interaction with the surroundings, the building is ugly. I have advocated for keeping this building in the past, but after a thorough external walk around, I have shifted my support to central bank.

I looked closer last time I drove by downtown....

I agree that Day's Inn sucks.  Central Bank sucks, but is slightly more interesting of the two/three buildings.  I just hope this thing happens faster than it has been so far.

looks like they're getting ready to install an external trash chute?

Doubt it. That phase should be finished already. They've had an external trash chute that they've been using extensively over on Webster St. 

Hard to get a picture of it but the whole most of the back portion on that one wall is now stripped!

2014-06-17 20.05.32 by marclongoria, on Flickr

14448711655_ae492e22a4_h.jpg

2014-06-17 20.11.58 by marclongoria, on Flickr

I don't altogether dislike this building. The side facade is rather nice. I see those colors used quite a bit, in new construction.