Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

Not just Dallas.  They want a distinctive name and they realized there are apartment buildings all over the country with the Preston name, including San Antonio (and the little sister up north).  If one does a google search, one can see what they mean; there are apartment buildings with Preston in their name in almost every significant city one can think of.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Not just Dallas.  

Yeah, I know, but Dallas has a lot because Preston is a major road. The Chronicle's article states that "Preston" is being used by apartments throughout the country but only Dallas is specifically mentioned. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Hines-renames-downtown-apartment-tower-15702576.php

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Yeah, I know, but Dallas has a lot because Preston is a major road. The Chronicle's article states that "Preston" is being used by apartments throughout the country but only Dallas is specifically mentioned. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Hines-renames-downtown-apartment-tower-15702576.php

Yeah, I know.  But, you know... The Chronicle... 🙄

17 hours ago, shasta said:

Why did they change the name to Brava, from The Preston?

The Preston worked better with the historic Market Square area.

"Brava!" is what you shout after a great performance from an opera diva. This building is two blocks away from our opera house. The hint of European culture and refinement and the association with young beautiful female singers are probably more marketable to this building's potential residents than anything involving historic Market Square.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The new parking garage there across the street is really going to be stinking up the joint when these two towers are finished.  Hopefully someone will see some value there and do something cool. I don't think the immediate area is hurting for office space, unfortunately, but put another residential tower right there and you could justify a nice grocery store on the ground floor. 

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, Nate99 said:

The new parking garage there across the street is really going to be stinking up the joint when these two towers are finished.  Hopefully someone will see some value there and do something cool. I don't think the immediate area is hurting for office space, unfortunately, but put another residential tower right there and you could justify a nice grocery store on the ground floor. 

That site is still planned for a 1m SF office tower developed by TC and Linbeck.  They are trying to secure lead tenants, which is certainly a challenge in the current climate, but I believe the designs have all been completed.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nate99 said:

The new open parking garage certainly is an ugly pimple in an otherwise splendid area. Still better than the pustulant canker sore that was the chronicle garage.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

The new open parking garage certainly is an ugly pimple in an otherwise splendid area. Still better than the pustulant canker sore that was the chronicle garage.

Exactly, at least from the ground level its not too bad. Especially sense it has some GFR. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

That site is still planned for a 1m SF office tower developed by TC and Linbeck.  They are trying to secure lead tenants, which is certainly a challenge in the current climate, but I believe the designs have all been completed.

Yes, that one would be awesome too, even more so because demand would have justified it.  As it is, I was thinking about alternative possibilities. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

If they couldn't get this done in 2013-2014, I can't even imagine how they're going to do it now.

• 2 weeks later...