Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

I would so love for a high rise residence to be built on the other half of the lot that the Houston Ballet school is on. Basically I dream of Hines having at least one 40+ story residential under construction at all times near market square. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 7:45 PM, arche_757 said:

I know Hines doesn’t own it - but any bets on Hines pulling the trigger, and buying the site just off Market Square where the once upon a time International Tower was going to rise?

As far as I know, that project has never been cancelled, only put on hold till it got a major tenant. Since the garage is there, they've already made heavy investment in the property. Doubt they will sell it. They will hold on to that land till they get a major tenant.

• Like 4

Just buying the land was likely a heavy investment; I had forgotten they built the garage.

I suspect if they move forward it would be something scaled closer to what is being done around Discovery Green.  Which is certainly better than yet another parking garage!  I wouldn’t mind a nice mixed use building, even a 30 floor project.  Show it’s possible downtown.

• Like 5