Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kbates2 said:

While there is a chance that I still would have liked the glass podium better, I'm ready to admit that the stone looks pretty damn good.

I'm still holding on to my pettiness. The stone is nice stone. Just would have preferred something better visually facing Market Square. 

• Like 6

On 10/14/2021 at 10:03 AM, Montrose1100 said:

I'm still holding on to my pettiness. The stone is nice stone. Just would have preferred something better visually facing Market Square. 

Architects need to bring back shell limestone into some of these buildings. Such a great stone for the region and has a timeless quality to it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tangledwoods said:

yall are being fooled, that is precast concrete, not stone.  I will say, it is nice precast concrete.

In all likelihood it is, those are massive pieces, and I'm pretty sure it would be near impossible to get cut stone in those dimensions.

• Like 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:03 AM, Montrose1100 said:

Agree... there's something about the stone with this building (all of it) that bothers me... it just doesn't seem to go with the rest of the building.  Maybe once it's done and all lit up with people living in it I'll feel different.  Still a very beautiful building and such a great addition to this part of Downtown.  😁

• Like 1

On 10/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, pm91 said:

Taken just now 😍

E0BCFA0D-849E-44A7-80A1-4206F82F0F4E.jpeg

6FC44B5D-FF9A-4BEE-83B3-EF4B74ACEAB8.jpeg

What a great skyline shot pm91. I think this image makes a great case for the best skyline view of downtown.

The view coming in on 45 north at sunset is pretty remarkable, however what I really like about this angle is the amount of depth you see from this side. Not only do you catch glimpses of almost every modern building built, but you're also looking at all of the classic's like the Gulf,  the Espersen, Bank of the Southwest, Southwest Life, State National Bank and many of the Main street turn of the century work. I like the symmetry of slopes in the wider angle image. I sure wouldn't mind something in the 90's behind the Esperson bldg. The massing of the two major groups are much more interesting to me, than the flatness of the view from Allen parkway, and as a bonus, you get Minute Maid park, home of the A.L. champs 2021.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...