Brava: 46-Story Residential High-Rise At 414 Milam St.

brijonmang

17 hours ago, monarch said:

^^^ isn't the MARKET SQUARE TOWER supposed to be like 40x stories?  if so, then BRAVA TOWER must undoubtedly be taller than 46x stories... right?

Is that a serious question or a joke? I can't tell. Anyway, if it is serious, Emporis has Brava at 549 feet with 46 floors and Market Square Tower at 498 feet with 40 floors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

According to Emporis Houston, The Brava is approximately 200 feet taller ( 198 ft for those who wish exactitude), than the Travis. I'm no optical expert, but the effect may be due to the fact the Travis is by itself, whereas the Brava is surrounded by buildings near or superior to it in height.

Oklahoma City downtown has a building (Devon energy) that towers over all others. In downtown Houston, or more so Chicago or NYC, it would not be that noticeable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thatguysly said:

I know it has to do with floor height but it is crazy to me how much shorter this look compared to the Travis and it being 2 stories less.

The Travis? Do you mean Texas Tower, instead. 

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Twinsanity02 said:

According to Emporis Houston, The Brava is approximately 200 feet taller ( 198 ft for those who wish exactitude), than the Travis. I'm no optical expert, but the effect may be due to the fact the Travis is by itself, whereas the Brava is surrounded by buildings near or superior to it in height.

I'm guessing he meant Texas Tower and not the Travis. Texas Tower and Brava have almost the same number of floors but are very different in height...and they're both in the above photos.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 9:05 AM, urbanize713 said:

From the link 

image.png.54a83a332df0692762ef2ad4fb05e8e9.png

Are those strips on the glass facade going to be lit up? This is the first rendering I see that kind of implies that. 

In the actual photos it looks like they are just windows using a different color of glass or maybe glass with a different reflectivity.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 1