On 9/14/2019 at 3:53 PM, skooljunkie said:

It’s risen 10 floors in about 3 months. Is that slow? I think it just took a while to ramp up. 

Also I’m enjoying watching this one rise from the north. It’s fun seeing a new tower poke above the bayou tree canopy. 

I spent a couple of years in Doha, and they were putting buildings up a floor a week for the structure. That's easier to do when you can have 250 workers on the site at $10 per day each.

• Like 4

Typical high-rise construction goes up about 1 floor every 8 days or so. Both this building (once they started on the tower portion) and the Doha structures referenced above are right in the same ballpark.  (10 floors in 3 months is about 9 days per floor.)  If you follow the pictures posted above, they seem to be rising very close to one floor per week.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the screen. I finally took a moment to look out a window in our spare bedroom today. Can’t believe I didn’t even look until today! It’s very close. 

If anyone can tell me how to rotate this I will do it.

2C0755E4-870D-444C-8F93-2A4FB5520515.jpeg

Edited by jgriff
Photo
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

That top image is very telling.

When blown up, you realize how many high-rises are spread over this area already. It is really starting to fill in. Galleria /Uptown form the backdrop and the foreground has so much in store with all of the new projects that are about to start coming out of the ground. I'm beginning to think the Uptown to downtown skyline might be the first to connect.

Id like to see a drone view looking south from I-10 or closer to get a more detailed look. It would be nice to have an update from that direction. 

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, citykid09 said:

It's a nice building. But I'm curious, is this the first high rise built in a suburban shopping center? Does it look out of place, or is it an improvement for the area?

Lets just say, in my opinion, a development like this that completely mixes it up and changes the area up a bit, is much more prefered than what happened with the more historic part of this shopping center where they demoed half of it and then put up a more trendy version of it. The former knows what it is, the latter doesn't.

• Thanks 1