24 minutes ago, swtsig said:

it looks fine imo and they have plans for future high rises here so it will probably have some neighbors in the not too distant future.

Interesting, do tell more. Do you know the location of where these would be? 

• Like 4

I hate it: the scale, the destruction of symmetry between the north and south sections, the failure to sustain the distinctive elements of the shopping center, etc. I don't begrudge them diversifying their portfolio, especially with retail becoming more precarious. But, I also think they could have preserved the front facade and still built the tower in the back. Any architectural integrity remaining in that historic shopping center is pretty much gone now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarklyMoron said:

I hate it: the scale, the destruction of symmetry between the north and south sections, the failure to sustain the distinctive elements of the shopping center, etc. I don't begrudge them diversifying their portfolio, especially with retail becoming more precarious. But, I also think they could have preserved the front facade and still built the tower in the back. Any architectural integrity remaining in that historic shopping center is pretty much gone now.

The north and south sides were not symmetrical. And the architectural integrity of this shopping center was pretty much gone with their prior "updates".

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

938e9e6860d4382c698a31fd3a82a2ab-photogr

Thank-You.png

^^^ @hindesky @ekdrm2d1 gentlemen, it is really getting hard for me to continue to reference/enjoy these OUTSTANDING ILLUSTRATIONS... without presenting a very hearty THANK YOU!  the time... energy... commitment... and quality... that the both of you are spending upon these endeavors for our sake, is absolutely commendable.  ROCK ON!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 2/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, htownbro said:

Weingarten CEO Drew Alexander said the property along West Gray at Shepherd will continue to densify, though plans are still in the early phases.

"We see multiple towers there," Alexander said.

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Weingarten-Realty-announces-two-changes-to-tenant-15086077.php?cmpid=hpctp

but are they going to build another Starbucks there.....  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3