The Eclipse: Proposed Skyscraper At 2000 Persa St.

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2015 at 9:40 AM, lockmat said:

Holy crap, lol. Not sure what to think

FullViewEclipse.gif

Eclipse2.jpg

EclipseInterior.jpg

Eclipse.jpg

@Urbannizer is this still the design?!?!

Maybe if this was built in the 70's and 80's when real hardcore post-modernism was in vogue, but this looks really dated. Its almost a parody of post-modernism. Everything from the "plunger" capitals and ornament (because we do whatever we want!), to the out of scale elements...on everything (because everything is relative!), and to the garish color scheme (because its all up to interpretation! Its whatever I will it to be!).

Hard Pass.

This "developer" has experience in desert style hotels, nothing taller than 2-3 stories.  My guess is this was a EB-5 money play.  It seriously looks like a money laundering or a Ponzi scheme.

There are 1,000 more economically viable developments in the area that any real investor would rather put money in. 

19 minutes ago, Naviguessor said:

but the tiny, tiny children...in the tiny, tiny pool... That's worth something, isn't it?

I mean yeah...of course! I wonder if they could just tour with a local circus instead!?!?

This one has me very confused. HCAD verifies that “Artesian Eclipse” has owned the land at 2120 since at least Sept 2015. I can’t access any records before then. The same entity also owns 2202 Welch, a townhome about 2 lots west of the larger property. 2200 Welch (between those properties) is owned by an unrelated entity, as far as I can tell. My guess would be IF they ever broke ground here, they would use the townhome lot as a construction or sales office. But I have tried contacting the people listed on their website before, and I haven’t been able to get any info. So who knows. 

8 minutes ago, Timoric said:

With this location near so many institutions in the heart of the city I think this has a good shot of getting the full build done. I am not aware of a large project failing in the Medical Center like happens all the time in the Energy Corridor because a commodity price dips below $40 and a see-through or scaled back building sits vacant or never gets built at all, this looks like a solid investment to me and I imagine investors would feel pretty good looking at the map view

true but hopefully they will change the design

1 hour ago, arche_757 said:

Doesn’t appear scaled correctly for a 58 floor tower.  Look at the base.

That said, if this IS the design: garbage.

Thats hardline postmodernism. Scale is arbitrary in this style and school of thought. Nothing here is proportionally correct, or scaled correct, but that is the point. Remember, everything is relative, and who are you to say what is the "proper scale" of anything. This isn't me defending or promoting by the way, but merely stating why it looks the way it looks. Everything here is purposefully subjective.

On 4/26/2019 at 10:46 AM, Luminare said:

Thats hardline postmodernism. Scale is arbitrary in this style and school of thought. Nothing here is proportionally correct, or scaled correct, but that is the point. Remember, everything is relative, and who are you to say what is the "proper scale" of anything. This isn't me defending or promoting by the way, but merely stating why it looks the way it looks. Everything here is purposefully subjective.

I for one reject the notion that we can't have Hobbit children. 

• The title was changed to The Eclipse: Skyscraper Proposed For River Oaks
  • The title was changed to The Eclipse: Proposed Skyscraper At 2000 Persa St.

Archived