The Eclipse: Proposed Skyscraper At 2000 Persa St.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'd love to know how a developer who apparently has no track record for this type of building, nor any presence in Houston, will get funding for this.

Gringott's Bank from Harry Potter, maybe?  I have to admire the audacity of this proposal, though.  Every now and again, magnificent madness leads to great results (although most of the time, it leads to default and disappointment).

This seems even less likely than the Ivy Lofts, but I hope this is built - it just defies logic

But seriously, I feel like there is some sort of optical illusion with that pool.  Is that supposed to be for the entire complex?

helllooooOoOooOoo obviously that pool is for everyone!!!! it does not mention it here but while that pool is only 5 feet wide and 10 feel long it spans almost the entire height of the building so there is tons of room for everyone to swim way under water! yet another GENIUS thing about this magical architecture wonder...

And I'd love to know how a developer who apparently has no track record for this type of building, nor any presence in Houston, will get funding for this.

It depends.

You'll note that the FAA determination letter went to Richard Yates in Santa Fe, NM. Richard Yates is an oil heir and shareholder/director of the Yates Petroleum Corporation, the 4th largest private oil and gas company in the United States.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2012-09-17/new-mexico-s-yates-family-said-to-seek-buyer-for-oil-firm

https://portal.sos.state.nm.us/corps/(S(yfw4ubozcbmapjihkw51p4nk))/Corplookup/Details.aspx?Nmscc=425736

Assuming good market conditions and a healthy equity investment, I doubt it would be difficult to find a "real" co-developer and raise some money. The entity's been in existence since last April. 546124180002.PDF

Might be something to this.

• 5 weeks later...

New York is trying to outshine this tower...Can't we ever have anything uniquely awesome for just Houston?!

http://gizmodo.com/this-nyc-skyscraper-design-is-like-the-chrysler-buildin-1747445141

If done correctly and refined it could be quite interesting. When you carve away the expensive details that's when there's a problem.

I find it funny that New Yorkers are sick and tired of all the supertall buildings going up. Meanwhile, here we are wishing that at least 1 supertall will be built soon

Dear Santa, 

I want Eight more supertalls in the downtown. Two at the old post office sight, two near MMP, two by the Hamilton, One near Allen center, and lastly where the Helmut Jahn Bank of the Southwest tower was to be built.  That should make an even ten.  Mr. Enriquewx91 says the New York people are sick of too many supertalls. Maybe you can bring those here and everyone will be happy. 

I love you Santa

Made insane by twins.

Twinsanity02

I think it's really odd that this is not being reported on publicly. I've sent information about this to Nancy Sarnoff, Swamplot, if I remember correctly HBJ and even mentioned it to Coy Davidson on twitter. He normally replies to me but did not this time.

I would at least expect swamplot to report on it. Is it possible the company won't talk to them about it? I would think the FFA records would be enough to corroborate it and the location and design would bring tons of traffic.

Does that not seem strange to anyone else?

I think it's really odd that this is not being reported on publicly. I've sent information about this to Nancy Sarnoff, Swamplot, if I remember correctly HBJ and even mentioned it to Coy Davidson on twitter. He normally replies to me but did not this time.

I would at least expect swamplot to report on it. Is it possible the company won't talk to them about it? I would think the FFA records would be enough to corroborate it and the location and design would bring tons of traffic.

It's the Christmas season and there is a great deal going on. What are you referring to?

It's a conspiracy...

Maybe they're trying to stay out of eye & ear shot of the next door River Oaks residents for as long as possible?

Any Lazy Lane residents on HAIF?

Maybe they're trying to stay out of eye & ear shot of the next door River Oaks residents for as long as possible?

Any Lazy Lane residents on HAIF?

I would agree the developers would want to avoid attention at this time, but why would reporters care? I guess they don't think it's far enough along to report.

Tall, ugly building in River Oaks? The web clicks could be really high.

Shouldn't seem strange at all to anyone familiar with Houston business "journalism".

• 6 months later...

Archived