Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

On 3/27/2021 at 9:20 PM, Highrise Tower said:

ZfDjElq.jpg

H5Q853Q.jpg

6Uyji0d.jpg

nTkSDaT.jpg

Love this picture! Did you know that there is an open to the public pre-Civil War cemetery a few courtyards over from the one in the picture?  Quite a juxtaposition of styles and uses along this street. 

Edited by Skyboxdweller
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Skyboxdweller said:

Love this picture! Did you know that there is an open to the public pre-Civil War cemetery a few courtyards over from the one in the picture?  Quite a juxtaposition of styles and uses along this street. 

Came across it one day on google maps and it has a very fascinating history.

https://www.harriscountyarchives.com/Portals/1/Documents/Marker/Final Morse Bragg narrative with figures July 7.pdf

This goes into great detail and also shows a lot of what Houston was like pre civil war. This part of town was mostly one large plantation and little did I know but San Felipe was a very old wagon tail long before this part of town was considered part of Houston. 

• Like 6

On 4/8/2021 at 3:56 PM, jmitch94 said:

Came across it one day on google maps and it has a very fascinating history.

https://www.harriscountyarchives.com/Portals/1/Documents/Marker/Final Morse Bragg narrative with figures July 7.pdf

This goes into great detail and also shows a lot of what Houston was like pre civil war. This part of town was mostly one large plantation and little did I know but San Felipe was a very old wagon tail long before this part of town was considered part of Houston. 

57EB94A3-345B-414A-AC8B-5F383458DF6A.heic

It's projects like this that have me very excited about the future of Uptown.  This building, both Hanovers, all the new highrise condos/MF on Westcreek, Post Oak Blvd's future retail, the Rosewood development + other high end hotels looking in the area, the growing emphasis on walkability, and even the new high-rise luxury senior living project on Garretson. 

I have to assume this area will have very few rivals nationally, for areas outside a CBD.  A lot to be excited about for sure.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

It's projects like this that have me very excited about the future of Uptown.  This building, both Hanovers, all the new highrise condos/MF on Westcreek, Post Oak Blvd's future retail, the Rosewood development + other high end hotels looking in the area, the growing emphasis on walkability, and even the new high-rise luxury senior living project on Garretson. 

I have to assume this area will have very few rivals nationally, for areas outside a CBD.  A lot to be excited about for sure.

Westcreek will be next level once they/ If they ever break ground on ROD phase 2 and the equinox hotel.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Buckhead in Atlanta rivals Uptown but I think Uptown has better potential!

Oh yeah I wish they would hurry and hang the rings over the intersections back up!

• Like 6