Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

i mean at least i would go to buy a frappuccino periodically!!! ;) 

but yeah i hope it's something that really matches this cool building! i just can't tell from the renderings if it is abstract art in that space or what! the outside of this building is looking pretty close to finished so hoping they have the reveal soon!!! 

33 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

I really want the east side to fill in now and create a cool canyon. I know it has been mentioned before, but these photos highlight how great it would look.

I want the east side of the freeway as well 😁

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, thatguysly said:

I really want the east side to fill in now and create a cool canyon. I know it has been mentioned before, but these photos highlight how great it would look.

Wait, you mean "King Ranch Texas Kitchen", 3 banks, and an AT&T store may not be the best use of this stretch of Post Oak?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/26/2021 at 7:11 AM, texan said:

Having a mountain in our city is not something I'd see as worse by any measure.

In the early 80s I was taking some art class and one of the assignments was to come up with a "conceptual" project. My decidedly lazy response was to propose the world's tallest and widest billboard with a painting of a mountain on it to be placed just east of downtown. This way the cliché bayou view of Downtown's west side skyline would have a mountain behind it. The eastern side of the billboard would have a painting of the eastern view of the skyline with a mountain behind that. 

My other (even lazier) proposal was to put a giant, rotating green neon dollar sign on top of the newly completed Allied Bank Plaza (now Wells Fargo).

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2