Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

On 8/17/2020 at 10:04 AM, thatguysly said:

Do we know what restaurant will be in the Post Oak/San Felipe corner yet?

I'm voting for a Whataburger, not because I like the food or my Texas patriotism, but because I would hope for a giant W on the corner...

It will be the closest we get to a W Hotel.

Ba da dump...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, mls1202 said:

I'm voting for a Whataburger, not because I like the food or my Texas patriotism, but because I would hope for a giant W on the corner...

It will be the closest we get to a W Hotel.

Ba da dump...

1213px-W_Hotels_Logo.svg.png

^^^ don't fret @mls1202  houston shall harbor our very first W HOTEL in DOWNTOWN... at the GEORGE R. BROWN CC.  to date, we just have not been privy to the latest renderings/depictions.  however, i'm certain that they are indeed forthcoming.  additionally, let's us not forget about the new hotel in the TMC-3 development.  that particular hotel, along with it's size, scale, and scope... could very easily become houston's next W HOTEL brand, as well as our next RITZ CARLTON brand.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, gene said:

It's not mine but i mean it probably is 1/2 price currently...if you click the link you will see the HAR for sale listing ;)

I have a friend in one of the upper level units at the Cosmopolitan who is fortunate enough that their property is on the eastern-most side, adjacent to Post Oak.  Their view down Post Oak will remain clear of the new tower, but just barely.  I feel for the ones like the listing above that will be completely in its shadow.  I can't imagine anyone paying north of $400K to stare at the a$$-end of this construction. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I like this one from their marketing brochure "The Views from the 7th level and above are just spectacular.  We really don't have any obstruction to the Downtown skyline".

Surely people are smart enough to understand that the ATT store / Bancorp just east of this site is going to be redeveloped....?  There will be a 30+ story blocking most of those sweet downtown views within the next 10 years.  (And for the record I have ZERO intel for this post, just an opinion based on the underutilization of the subject property).

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, tangledwoods said:

I like this one from their marketing brochure "The Views from the 7th level and above are just spectacular.  We really don't have any obstruction to the Downtown skyline".

Surely people are smart enough to understand that the ATT store / Bancorp just east of this site is going to be redeveloped....?  There will be a 30+ story blocking most of those sweet downtown views within the next 10 years.  (And for the record I have ZERO intel for this post, just an opinion based on the underutilization of the subject property).

I was thinking the same thing lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

ok, place your bets... I have $5 on Randall Davis buying the plot at the NW corner of Post Oak and San Felipe and building something ugly and tall just to block Aspire's views of downtown.

I'll build off of that bet and guess that he will build a massive 30 story building comprised of a 20 story parking garage pedestal made of cinder blocks...

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

ok, place your bets... I have $5 on Randall Davis buying the plot at the NW corner of Post Oak and San Felipe and building something ugly and tall just to block Aspire's views of downtown.

I think you mean the NE corner (Aspire is on the NW corner), but yeah, scary thought. That corner is primo and will surely be developed with an Aspire view-of-DT-blocking tower some day! Let's hope nothing designed by the Davis father-daughter combo! They're adding their blight to River Oaks now with the Paramount, another gaudy, retro piece of crap on a pedestal.

"just thank the lord we dont have a developer here in town that loves gold and puts very large signs up with his last name on them. I will take Randall "the EIFS / Stucco queen" Davis over some others any day of the week!!!"

At least that unnamed developer you allude to leaves most of the gold on the inside. Some of his buildings aren't bad from the outside, like the famous one on 56th and 5th, but by his interior design taste, you'd think he fancies himself an 18th century French queen! Who knows how he dresses up once he's alone in the "His" bedroom at night!

Edited by InTheLoopFromNYC
Forgot to quote OP
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, InTheLoopFromNYC said:

At least that unnamed developer you allude to leaves most of the gold on the inside. Some of his buildings aren't bad from the outside, like the famous one on 56th and 5th, but by his interior design taste, you'd think he fancies himself an 18th century French queen! Who knows how he dresses up once he's alone in the "His" bedroom at night!

Good lord man, he deserves to be made fun of, not murdered! He (might) have a wife and kids, have mercy! Someone call a burn center . . . 🤣

Edited by HouTXRanger
  • Like 1