Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

On 2/3/2020 at 10:06 AM, gene said:

the more i see how this is shaping up, i think they were VERY fair to Cosmopolitan...in fact from the angle shown above it seems they were hardly effected at all...

HOWEVER, thankfully from the view i always tend to see (driving and biking and walking by), it is mostly non-existent haha! 

But yeah, wow Cosmo fared better than i even thought possible...good for them but makes them look all the more ignorant for causing such a dang ruckus when this all began with delays and lawsuits etc...

in fact they should be thanking Aspire for making THEM look better than they actually look thanks to now being partially covered up ;)

I thought the same. Left them with views and blocked the ugly white wall. Win-win.

• Like 4

Agree.  Unlike the feud between the owners  of the Fountainbleu and Eden Roc hotels in Miami Beach.  In that case, the developer of the Eden Roc hired  Morris Lapidus, the architect of the Fountainblue to design his hotel.  When ER became a popular hang out and developed more buzz than the FB, the owner of the latter struck back.    He built a tower at the property line that  blocked the sun at the Eden Roc pool during the afternoon and presented a blank concrete  wall with no windows on its northern elevation, except for a windowed suite on  the top floor, where the owner of the Fountainbleu could look down and get satisfaction from the deserted Eden Roc  pool area below.  Nasty. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gene said:

You can see above how clearly the Cosmo will be visible and will have visibility when heading east (and them facing west)...

all this uproar on their part over a bunch of nothing... 🙈

it could have been SO MUCH WORSE for them. they should be grateful

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

I said it before...

when one of your selling points is the view, make sure to secure the view.

RD should have purchased the strip center they tore down on this location.

^^^ trust me, we are QUITE HAPPY that he did not...

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I noticed that too! from 40 to 39?

also i am so excited to announce i will be moving into this development!....with whoever decides to move into here and needs a roommate that is able to live rent free! yay me!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3