Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.

Mab

25 minutes ago, cityliving said:

Probably photoshopped, there is no way these people can have access to the rooftops of these buildings. 

It's been a thing for a while now. http://swamplot.com/reaching-the-downtown-skyline-photography-studio-at-the-top-of-houston-highrises/2015-02-13/

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Downtown-Houston-skyline-photos-daredevil-crew-14837927.php

spacer.png

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 7

That sounds very risky and dangerous, I’m surprised that they aren’t in jail for trespassing, especially since they posted a story on the chronicle and gave away their name and what they do, I’m sure the police and security will be on the lookout for them now.  It’s not something that I would do just to get attention on social media.

Edited by cityliving

29 minutes ago, hindesky said:

I follow a bunch of these guys on IG. There are guys that do this all around the U.S. 

There's a video I found on Youtube some time ago that is both fascinating and scary as f*ck. It consists of drone footage over downtown at night interspersed with these guys and girls hanging off the edges of buildings. I wish I could find it again. It's very well done.

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, cityliving said:

That sounds very risky and dangerous, I’m surprised that they aren’t in jail for trespassing, especially since they posted a story on the chronicle and gave away their name and what they do, I’m sure the police and security will be on the lookout for them now.  It’s not something that I would do just to get attention on social media.

It is and they do get arrested with some frequency. A decent number of my photography acquaintances do this and I've heard some pretty crazy stories of trying to avoid security after being spotted. I'm too old for all that nonsense though, that's why I have a drone :) 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

It is and they do get arrested with some frequency. A decent number of my photography acquaintances do this and I've heard some pretty crazy stories of trying to avoid security after being spotted. I'm too old for all that nonsense though, that's why I have a drone :) 

Have you ever watch "Shiey" on youtube? That guy is a true renegade.

1 hour ago, BEES?! said:

How do they not get seriously hurt/killed if, say, a strong gust of wind blows in? From the top of a high rise building, that has to be dangerous AF. 
that’d be my #1 fear lol

spacer.png

^^^ this is what their WINGS are for...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, BEES?! said:

How do they not get seriously hurt/killed if, say, a strong gust of wind blows in? From the top of a high rise building, that has to be dangerous AF. 
that’d be my #1 fear lol

The danger is part of the thrill for them, along with the risk of getting caught.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Aspire Post Oak: Multifamily High-Rise At 1616 Post Oak Blvd.
  • 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

APO is just amazing!

I wonder why no leasing activity on the ground floor? You'd think one of these class-a, trendy, Houston restaurant groups would be the first to occupy.

*and I wish there was indeed a scrolling screen like the renderings had once suggested.  If not a scrolling, moving, screen maybe just a large painting? It would be nice to see something colorful in the background of the (dark) glass facade.

60wTcXl.jpg

Reference:

ZyXBrJ9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1