Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

I wonder if the Marriott will ever get sweet revenge on the Parkside for stealing their view. All they have to do is to build something 43 floors high on the lot just to the west and they can box them in forever as payback.

All to the benefit of the downtown skyline.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, jmitch94 said:

Any idea why that one floor hasn’t had any framing when pretty much all the others are at least weather tight. 

Yes.

Level 35 was used as the drop point for the swingstages.  These were used for installation of metal wall panels and other exterior wall scopes of work.  It will now be framed, sheathed, and closed up and the swingstages will be dropped from level 43.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, mfastx said:

One can only hope. 

I'm serious...we would probably have renderings of their district if the lockout hadn't occurred.

The Astros have been quietly purchasing neighboring lots to build a baseball theme village similar to what has been happening in other MLB cities.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, KirbyDriveKid said:

My understanding is that the lot with the red circle is owned by Incarnate Word, so not currently involved in the development, although there could maybe be a parking garage arrangement where they keep the land but agree to lease the land for a garage with some capacity set aside for them but catering to the neighboring development. The Green oval is currently owned by someone else who, from what I've been told, has held out for a tower through a couple booms and busts. Orange is the corner of what the Astros own, continuing out of frame to the east. So, so far, not the largest parcel of land available to the Astros, unless they can work something out with Incarnate Word for a garage or Green Circle owner lowers his expectations a bit. People can let me know if I'm wrong about any of that.

I think you have it all correct.  Just to amplify a bit, I'm pretty sure Mr. Crane has indicated that he is talking to/has talked to (perhaps they've already come to an agreement) Incarnate Word about including that  red-circled land in his project, I would imagine including the provision of some parking in the project for Incarnate Word.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

I think you have it all correct.  Just to amplify a bit, I'm pretty sure Mr. Crane has indicated that he is talking to/has talked to (perhaps they've already come to an agreement) Incarnate Word about including that  red-circled land in his project, I would imagine including the provision of some parking in the project for Incarnate Word.

Crane mentioned specifically about an underground garage so that they can develop on the land. He joked about having a close relationship with the church now since some of their nuns were attending the games. 

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/45257-minute-maid-park-mixed-use/?do=findComment&comment=646326

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise For Block 98
  • 2 weeks later...