Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

^^^ for months now, i have been trying in earnest to allow myself to FALL IN LOVE with this burgeoning development.  however, the overall exterior design is fast becoming a very serious game of HIT & MISS.  just what on earth is going on here with this exterior design... MY GOSH?  there is simply no BEAUTY here.  thank god for the sumptuous floor scale of (43 stories).  otherwise, there would be nothing here to really celebrate.  how on earth could they design/construct a building here THIS UGLY right in front of one of the most dynamic/gorgeous hotels in the city... MARRIOTT MARQUIS?  the staff of this hotel must be absolutely terrified every time they step out on that magnificent TEXAS SIZED pool terrace.  our wonderful/magical HAIF photographers @hindesky @cityliving to name a few, have tried their respective best to present this edifice at its most glorious hour.  however, i think that their superb efforts have been in vain here.  this place is just flat out UGLY...  

4 hours ago, mattyt36 said:

If of interest to anyone other than I, according to Central Houston, this will be the 10th largest residential building in downtown Houston by number of units are:

1. Market Square Tower 463
2. 500 Crawford 400
3. Houston House Apartments 394
4. Brava 373
5. Catalyst 361
6. One Park Place 346
7. SkyHouse Houston 336
8. SkyHouse Main 336
9. The Rice 312
10. Trammell Crow Co. | High Street Residential (Parkside Residences) 309

The Star is the next largest at 286.

Of the above, only 500 Crawford is not a high-rise.

Of other high rises, ARIS has 274 and Camden has 271.

Interestingly enough there are 2 single-family residences listed, 110 Milam (the distinctive building on the south side of the Bayou) and the National Cash Register Building (515 Caroline).  The WL Foley Building (214 Travis) has 2 units.

https://www.centralhouston.org/filer/0/1614996509/468/

Once the conversion of 1801 Smith to residential units (372) finishes, it will be the 5th largest residential building! Which would ultimately push this building out of the top 10. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Once the conversion of 1801 Smith to residential units (372) finishes, it will be the 5th largest residential building! Which would ultimately push this building out of the top 10. 

Wait, they're converting that? When was that announced?

Edited by Big E
  • Like 1

We may be moving in a few months, so I've sent this link to my wife for her impressions. (She's 90% of the decision process.)  Between this and Brava opening, they'll'll hopefully keep the prices of apartments down a bit in 77002/010.  Especially since some of the so-called "luxury" apartments downtown are priced beyond their worth.

• Like 4

On 7/5/2022 at 10:32 AM, toxtethogrady said:

Except for Central Park, NYC.

On a grand scale, yes. But Central Park is so large that once inside, the structures are not as "seen/felt". DG is a lot smaller and the buildings have a closer-in feel and are visible regardless of what area of the park you're in.

• Like 3