Parkside Residences: Multifamily High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

37 minutes ago, Tumbleweed_Tx said:

there's a sign on this building that says "High Street". Is this a working name, or the real name? All I can think of when they say High Street is the kids from That 70's Show getting stoned in their circle with Hyde talking about a car that runs on water, man.... lol

That's the development company name. 

Block 98 | HSR (highstreetresidential.com)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, OnTheOtherHand said:

For the roof of the GRB, the issue is what loads could be supported. There could be access by elevators inside/outside the GRB and from a bridge to a sculptural tower with elevators/spiraling ramp/stairs at the edge of Discovery Green. Possible ideas are:

• Restaurants/bars around a lawn area with patios overlooking Discovery Green
  • Jogging, rollerblading, and kids’ bike loops
  • Dog park
  • Kite park
  • Mini golf and disk golf (probably not big enough for Top Golf)
  • Amusements, climbing walls, and parkour course
  • Sculptures and murals
  • Shade structures {perhaps solar panels - I think there are already a few)

I also think the general area would be great for a series of urban zip lines spanning between buildings over Discovery Green. Possible end points (and elevations) are:

• One Park Place (500 ft)
  • Hess Tower (460 ft) - maybe using the old wind turbine cells
  • Skanska 1550 on the Green (410 ft and lower heights)
  • Marriott Marquis (395 ft)
  • 5 Houston Center (360 ft)
  • Hilton Americas (320 ft and 300 ft)
  • Partnership Tower (130 ft)
  • George R. Brown (about 100 ft)
  • Marriott Marquis Pool Deck (about 1 00 ft)
  • Final landing on roof of building in Discovery Green - (30 ft)

Perhaps an existing company that operates zip lines could assess the feasibility. It would be a unique attraction for Houston.

I’m sorry we don’t do unique attractions here 🙃

• Haha 8

7 hours ago, Texasota said:

Yep. It's unfortunate that the post office, Cistern, and Orange Show don't exist.

Let’s be honest, are any of these truly unique? I’ve always wanted something here that you can’t find anywhere else. BTW, I love all these places you listed and my original comment was was to be taken lighthearted. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Let’s be honest, are any of these truly unique? I’ve always wanted something here that you can’t find anywhere else. BTW, I love all these places you listed and my original comment was was to be taken lighthearted. 

I took a friend from out of town and my family to the beer can house and they all loved it and thought it was unique. I also took them to Rothko Chapel and half of the group thought it was awesome

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Andrew Ewert said:

God, what a space suck GRB is

This is one of the biggest reasons I support this part of the I-45 reroute. I know I know I know, we shouldn't go too far off topic with this as it has its supports and detractors. Lets leave that to that thread. All I'm going to say is with a buried highway it really opens up a lot of new possibilities with our conference center. I personally think it would be amazing to have that middle part of the conference center become a breezeway type space which would allow one to walk from Discovery Green to the other side. Wow would that change the feel of this part of town. For now, its just a fun dream.

• Like 7