Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

20 minutes ago, 004n063 said:

I mean, I could never afford to stay in that hotel either way, buy I prefer the view that doesn't have empty lots and parking garages.

Unless I'm in Switzerland or Glacier National Park or something, urban density will always be my favorite view.

Honestly, I find that mystifying. Something could have been built there that didn’t block the view. But anyway, my comment was in response to the hotel’s advertisement stating the view never gets old. My response to that is there is no view anymore. The terrific view from the pool area especially has been totally obliterated. Again, I’m responding to the hotel’s ad.

52510927428_d2c0a22de9_c.jpg

52510467316_3f5f8cfd02_c.jpg

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 1:23 PM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

Are you guys kidding? (I’m including emoji reactions to my post.) I guess I look out, not down.

Previous view 👇

52510927428_d2c0a22de9_c.jpg52509907967_b61ff6069e_c.jpg52510861215_af6c2e4e29_c.jpg

I would have stayed in that hotel for this view alone.👆Now there’s not much point.

Views change. I guess you don't want anything on the lot behind the garage either? I get your point but I'd rather have density and people. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Views change. I guess you don't want anything on the lot behind the garage either? I get your point but I'd rather have density and people. 

As I said, I was responding to the hotel’s ad. If I were a guest enjoying the pool area, I’d much rather see that skyline view than look at a fairly nondescript apartment tower. Not everything is about what I personally want. I doubt I will ever stay at that hotel, so yeah, for me personally, on the street or in Discovery Green, I prefer the new tower there. But as views from the hotel go, it kills what they had. 

ETA: I suppose the view of the pool is what “never gets old” to them. Honestly, I cringed when I first saw they were going to have a Texas-shaped pool. I’d rather see the skyline than the pool. I feel much more connected to Houston than I do to Texas. 

Edited by MidCenturyMoldy
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 11:55 AM, MidCenturyMoldy said:

As I said, I was responding to the hotel’s ad. If I were a guest enjoying the pool area, I’d much rather see that skyline view than look at a fairly nondescript apartment tower. Not everything is about what I personally want. I doubt I will ever stay at that hotel, so yeah, for me personally, on the street or in Discovery Green, I prefer the new tower there. But as views from the hotel go, it kills what they had. 

ETA: I suppose the view of the pool is what “never gets old” to them. Honestly, I cringed when I first saw they were going to have a Texas-shaped pool. I’d rather see the skyline than the pool. I feel much more connected to Houston than I do to Texas. 

Oh ok I get what you mean. I can't agree more, I'm not saying the pool isn't cool for tourists because they jumble all of Texas together but I'm not a huge fan either tbh, I'm more connected to the city than Texas as a whole. 

Edited by j_cuevas713

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The title was changed to Parkside Residences: 43-Story Residential High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.
  • 2 months later...