Parkside Residences: Multifamily High-Rise At 808 Crawford St.

largeTEXAS

Looks like when the tower crane hoist buckets of concrete it leaks concrete laden water on the Hampton Inn hotel next door. Curious if Andres construction will have to pay to clean this up? The shipyard I worked at once painted a tower crane they bought, it was green and they had it painted it bright yellow. The overspray drifted south during a strong north wind. It got all over a black wrought iron fence and the black hearse from a funeral home next to our yard. Our painters had to repaint the fence and removed the yellow paint from the hearse at our expense.

u0VHoLk.jpg

• Like 8

Interesting tidbit in that Chronicle article:

"We are the only residential tower with internal connection to the Houston tunnel and skywalk system".

Interesting in two ways:  (1) I think this is the first that it's been positively confirmed that the building will be connected to the tunnel/skywalk system.  Presumably, it will be connected via the Hess parking garage/skywalk/Building.    (2) "...only residential tower with internal connection to the Houston tunnel and skywalk system."???  Commerce Towers and Residences at the Four Seasons come to mind.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Parkside Residences: 42-Story High-Rise For Block 98

Oh the days when we all thought this was never going to get built. So much drama. So much speculation. We have certainly come a long way haven't we.

What's the next building we are all irrationally impatient about that has not started yet?

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Oh the days when we all thought this was never going to get built. So much drama. So much speculation. We have certainly come a long way haven't we.

What's the next building we are all irrationally impatient about that has not started yet?

Chevron's 50 story high rise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Phase II of Drewery Place.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 5

26 minutes ago, hindesky said:

Chevron's 50 story high rise.

I was promised this tower in 2013. Where’s my goddamn tower, Chevron?

40 minutes ago, Luminare said:

The Museo Plaza 58-story tower.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2022 at 1:26 PM, Andrew Ewert said:

God, what a space suck GRB is

I think what I would like to see done with the building is have the other side become as pedestrian friendly and open as the front facing Avenida De Las Americas. But convention centers take space, that's just what it is. Plus the focal length for that image makes it look so much worse than it actually is. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I think what I would like to see done with the building is have the other side become as pedestrian friendly and open as the front facing Avenida De Las Americas. But convention centers take space, that's just what it is. Plus the focal length for that image makes it look so much worse than it actually is. 

Conventions sometimes require moving various equipment, display units, etc. into and out of the GRB.
Space for large trucks and loading docks have to be incorporated into its design, and it would be difficult to make it pedestrian friendly as well. 

1 hour ago, dbigtex56 said:

Conventions sometimes require moving various equipment, display units, etc. into and out of the GRB.
Space for large trucks and loading docks have to be incorporated into its design, and it would be difficult to make it pedestrian friendly as well. 

From what I understand Houston First does plan to open up that side once the freeway cap is done. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luminare said:

BOTSW Tower

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Interesting tidbit in that Chronicle article:

"We are the only residential tower with internal connection to the Houston tunnel and skywalk system".

Interesting in two ways:  (1) I think this is the first that it's been positively confirmed that the building will be connected to the tunnel/skywalk system.  Presumably, it will be connected via the Hess parking garage/skywalk/Building.    (2) "...only residential tower with internal connection to the Houston tunnel and skywalk system."???  Commerce Towers and Residences at the Four Seasons come to mind.

One Market Square is tunnel connected.

14 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

From what I understand Houston First does plan to open up that side once the freeway cap is done. 

My post was based on the observations of a friend who helps with the logistics of setting up and dismantling the equipment for conventions. According to her, the area under the I-69 overpass is necessary for the trucks to have access to the building. Personally, I know nothing about it, but it sounded logical. 
I'll be interested to see what solution Houston First comes up with.

17 hours ago, Luminare said:

It only took 6 years from proposal to groundbreaking. I can't believe there were any doubts.

4 hours ago, houstonfella said:

One Market Square is tunnel connected.

I presume you mean Market Square Tower?  Pretty sure it’s not connected.  As far as I can tell, the closest the tunnels get to Market Square Tower is 2 blocks away at 717 Texas.

i wonder if Hines will connect Brava to the tunnels via 717 Texas…

19 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

I presume you mean Market Square Tower?  Pretty sure it’s not connected.  As far as I can tell, the closest the tunnels get to Market Square Tower is 2 blocks away at 717 Texas.

i wonder if Hines will connect Brava to the tunnels via 717 Texas…

It is tunnel connected to the new Bank of America Building and yes Brava will be tunnel connected.

t2.jpg

Edited by houstonfella
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, houstonfella said:

It is tunnel connected to the new Bank of America Building and yes Brava will be tunnel connected.

t2.jpg

Yes, but One Market Square is a parking garage, not a residential tower.

FWIW, I can find no mention of the tunnels on Brava's website.  If they are going to the trouble/expense of providing tunnel access, I would think it would be mentioned as an amenity.

Edited by Houston19514

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Yes, but One Market Square is a parking garage, not a residential tower.

FWIW, I can find no mention of the tunnels on Brava's website.  If they are going to the trouble/expense of providing tunnel access, I would think it would be mentioned as an amenity.

Brava does not have tunnel access, they didn't dig far enough down or have spots to connect.

• The title was changed to Parkside Residences: 43-Story High-Rise For Block 98