Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

3 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

There have been pools like this for decades, actually.  First one I saw was in Melbourne, Australia in 1996.  So, it's not new.  What may be new about this one is the height above the ground...and that someone filmed it in a creative manner and posted it.

Ehh... nothing compares to Marina Bay Sands in Singapore:

item_1.thumbnail.carousel-img.740.416.jp

Image result for marina bay sands

10249362_1385066998405699_10160523_n.jpg

I guess the difference is that it goes over the edge?

Then the Intercontinental Hotel in Dubai is a worthy competitor:

Image result for InterContinental Hotel dubai pool

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Naviguessor said:

This video is everywhere. I can't tell you the amount of people texting me asking me if I've heard about this. Uncultured swines. Or should I say un-haifed swines...

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

So I haven't seen anybody in the CVS spot for over a month.  Today there were new for lease signs up.  One or two of the CVS signs are still up though.  Anybody?

Edited by kbates2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cspwal said:

If I was paying $2500 a month expecting a grocery store downstairs I'd be super upset

I don't think anyone renting there believes that there would be a "CVS grocery store".  Rather, I think that they may have been told that there will be a new CVS concept that includes "to go" prepared foods and maybe some fruits or something....... your point is well taken though.  People perhaps chose that building because of all of the amenities which would include proximity to this CVS.

oh, and $2500 is likely on the less-expensive side of rents there.  My guess is that $2500 gets you one of the smallest (if not the smallest) place.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

With CVS announcing that they are buying Aetna and then wanting to use their stores as “neighborhood health centers”, I wonder if this store (and its “take away food” concept) will survive as-is or will it be quickly branded into a “health center” after the merger is complete and drop the food concept???  I guess that we will know in a year or two......

• Like 1

I assume that with no close options, the food store concept will be profitable and they will keep it.

It looks like they only occupy a half of the retail in the garage so even if they added that, it would likely just go in as an expanded footprint.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

I assume that with no close options, the food store concept will be profitable and they will keep it.

It looks like they only occupy a half of the retail in the garage so even if they added that, it would likely just go in as an expanded footprint.

Fair point.  I guess that if they expanded, they could do both and perhaps they might choose to sell only “healthy fresh” foods along with the new “health services” and other healthcare /grooming items.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based off nothing but a feeling, I think this tower stands a very high chance of coming out of the ground this year. While the garage may not signal anything it sure seems very "Capitol Tower-esk" where the garage went up first while they searched for a tenant. Anybody else feel that way? I mean why build just a garage with branding on it if there was no chance of a building going up or it was cancelled? The way the economy is rocking right now and oil prices on the rise, I think it's a matter of time before this jewel graces the skyline.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wxman said:

Based off nothing but a feeling, I think this tower stands a very high chance of coming out of the ground this year. While the garage may not signal anything it sure seems very "Capitol Tower-esk" where the garage went up first while they searched for a tenant. Anybody else feel that way? I mean why build just a garage with branding on it if there was no chance of a building going up or it was cancelled? The way the economy is rocking right now and oil prices on the rise, I think it's a matter of time before this jewel graces the skyline.

You’re looking for the international tower thread

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2018 at 0:06 PM, intencity77 said:

Too bad that atrocious garage above it looks like one giant A/C condenser. 

What's painful is that the garage actually looks better than it used to.  Of course it needs ventilation, but there are more attractive solutions.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/market-square-cvs-to-open-this-weekend-85062

CVS Pharmacy will open Sunday as the first retailer in Market Square Tower, a high-rise multifamily building at 777 Preston St. in Downtown Houston’s Theater District. The new 13K SF CVS at the corner of Congress and Milan will be a valuable shopping destination and amenity for Downtown residents. CVS is the first and only retailer to sign on to the ground floor of Market Square.

• Like 8