Holiday Inn Hotel At 1616 Main St.

jdbaker

The rendering is probably out of date - the work on the building seems to include white tiles on the ground floor.

16704829181_d1fa7bd04e_s.jpg

16704825811_b4b616e62f_s.jpg

It does look like they are starting to install the windows and doors though for whatever reason.

16518731040_8b3850b797_s.jpg

Edited by cspwal
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

everyones expectations at this moment:

qOZ3jHr.png

This is Embassy Suites-level disappointing. And the Embassy Suites may actually end up the better looking of the 2 projects.

Oh well on the brightside, at least it won't be a run down vacant hobo-mansion like its neighbor, the Days Inn.

I'm not really sure what people were/are expecting from this little project. It's a Holiday Inn. Nothing fancy and there really isn't that much to work with. It's great that it's a renovation of a derelict old hotel. But, were we really expecting much more. I think maybe it was news when the renovation was announced, but there have been so many announcements since and there are so many larger projects underway, that it just isn't big news anymore. It will be, a decent little place when it's done, I think. Will add more life to the area.

• Like 3

I think the only real disappointment here is that they were unwilling/unable to put the large windows in the lobby as the rendering showed, and instead they just have a few small windows by the doors.  I have no complaints about the color scheme change.

I think the only real disappointment here is that they were unwilling/unable to put the large windows in the lobby as the rendering showed, and instead they just have a few small windows by the doors. I have no complaints about the color scheme change.

This is my source of disappointment. I wasn't expecting the W Hotel and didn't really care for the faux-brick exterior anyways. But the renderings at least showed a renovated Savoy potentially offering better street presence with all these windows.

HolidayInn-Downtown_hotel_front.png

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hotel Restaurants
Burger Theory
Serves:Breakfast ,  Lunch ,  Dinner
Burger Theory is our onsite restaurant and bar. You can choose from one of our 4 signature burgers, or you can build your own burger to your liking. We have plenty other delicious items on the menu, if you feel for something different. We also have beer on tap and signature cocktails. There is also breakfast served daily from 6am to 10am, which is a hot buffet with eggs to order, or you can select off the menu for other breakfast items.

Announcements

The Holiday Inn Houston Downtown is now accepting reservations for arrivals on or after October 25, 2015

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This place, along with Burger Theory, is scheduled to open Jan 10th, as of now anyways

Piggy-backing off of Ctaf, from the Holiday Inn Houston Downtown website:

"Burger Theory is our onsite restaurant and bar. You can choose from one of our 4 signature burgers, or you can build your own burger to your liking. We have plenty other delicious items on the menu, if you feel for something different. We also have beer on tap and signature cocktails. There is also breakfast served daily from 6am to 10am, which is a hot buffet with eggs to order, or you can select off the menu for other breakfast items."

Probably not as great as Christian's, but sounds like a "better than nothing" lazy option for Skyhouse tenants.

Edited by Gator Purify