Holiday Inn Hotel At 1616 Main St.

jdbaker

• 2 weeks later...

I think where they planted the grass is going to be a pocket park.  Where the sign is advertising, they probably want to sell that parking lot and get some more funds to pay for all these years of renovations.

The parking lot portion of the block is under different ownership. 

• Like 2

I may be wrong, but I think the Queen palms are in a bad location if they face northward.  The cold north winds along with the wind  tunnel effect of the tall buildings may be too much for this type of palm. They need a protected southern exposure in the downtown. A Pindo palm has a better chance of survival.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Burger theory is open for breakfast now, from 6:30 am - 10 am.  They said lunch won't start until January 1

The bar is fully open though now noon to 2:30 am every night 

They said the delay on lunch and dinner was because of construction, so the hotel itself will probably open soon and construction be complete by 1/1

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

I at ate Burger Theory last Friday. Ended up getting takeout (originally planned to get pizza at My Pie but the line was out the door a block long due to their opening $3.14 promotion, oh and it was hailing). Manager was there making sure everyone was taken care of paying close attention to service quality. Menu has other items but we focused on the burgers. Lots of options for toppings, as well as turkey or veggie patty options. The burger was pretty good, I'd put the meat up there with Hubcap or Bernies. Toppings were good but nothing spectacular. Fries could use some more seasoning for my taste, the onion rings were pretty good. They also had a full bar with 12 beers on tap, mostly craft and many local. At around $10 for just a burger it was a bit pricey, but considering its a hotel restaurant downtown, that's expected. That said, it is a Holiday Inn, and it is Houston so not sure how many people it'll attract that aren't staying close by.

There were 4-5 people eating and drinking at the bar, who appeared to be alone so may have been guests of the hotel. Several tables of people as well, place was a little under half full at 7:30 on a Friday in really bad weather.

• Like 5