Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

Alright, who do we bribe to: 1) Get those red smokestacks lopped off of the GRB; and 2) Get a 500-1,000 ft. monument between the GHP building and Minute Maid Park?  I have $30 on me right now.

You don't like the fact that our downtown convention center looks like a carnival cruse ship? But yeah both of those would be great, Houston needs it's Statue of Liberty, Eiffel Tower, Big Ben etc. 

• Like 1

...astrodome? 

It's too short, too far from the city center, and most importantly too abandoned. It was a big deal in the 60's but I bet it would be hard to find someone under the age of 45 outside of our region who knows what it is. 

If the GRB were a ocean liner then the red tube things would be Air Vents. Not, smokestacks or portholes or chimneys... I just have to correct y'all on this point. My Avitar told me to. And I am in the "keep them" camp. Not so that they maintain the Maritime Theme... More that they give interest to an otherwise huge unremarkable structure. However, maybe we should amp up the Ocean Liner Design and add three large smokestacks, punch more portholes in the hull, surround it by water and rename it the SS Unsinkable GR Brown.

• Like 7

And I am in the "keep them" camp. Not so that they maintain the Maritime Theme... More that they give interest to an otherwise huge unremarkable structure. However, maybe we should amp up the Ocean Liner Design and add three large smokestacks, punch more portholes in the hull, surround it by water and rename it the SS Unsinkable GR Brown.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Without embellishments, the building is a boring great wHite whale. We should add more instead of making the building less interesting

If the GRB were a ocean liner then the red tube things would be Air Vents. Not, smokestacks or portholes or chimneys... I just have to correct y'all on this point. My Avitar told me to. And I am in the "keep them" camp. Not so that they maintain the Maritime Theme... More that they give interest to an otherwise huge unremarkable structure. However, maybe we should amp up the Ocean Liner Design and add three large smokestacks, punch more portholes in the hull, surround it by water and rename it the SS Unsinkable GR Brown.

Needs a big assed pool and waterslide on the Lido deck. Top Golf w/rock climbing wall to use in the winter.

I might need more sleep, but this is starting to sound like an decent idea.

• Like 3

I've always liked the air vents, fits with the overall theme.

They should add backlighting to the inside of the decorative air vents with programmable LEDs.

• Like 2