Marriott Marquis: GRB Convention Center Hotel At 1777 Walker St.

Subdude

The visible, unburied powerlines?

Maybe all the development will warrant improvements that include wire burying. This area is pretty much open territory. Lots of room for improvement

The power lines are already all buried in that area.  Any visible lines are either construction-related or the power system for the Metro rail lines.

Edited by Houston19514

The power lines are already all buried in that area.  Any visible lines are either construction-related or the power system for the Metro rail lines.

The picture these were replying to was taken from south downtown, near St Joseph (what looked like the grass field for 1811 San Jacinto.  There are still unburied utility lines there, either power or telephone or both.  I'm sure as those blocks get developed more the lines will go underground

The picture these were replying to was taken from south downtown, near St Joseph (what looked like the grass field for 1811 San Jacinto. There are still unburied utility lines there, either power or telephone or both. I'm sure as those blocks get developed more the lines will go underground

You are absolutely correct. None of those lines were temporary or construction related. All were regular utility lines. Yeah, like I said earlier as this area goes up , I am sure the lines will go down.

• Like 1

The picture these were replying to was taken from south downtown, near St Joseph (what looked like the grass field for 1811 San Jacinto.  There are still unburied utility lines there, either power or telephone or both.  I'm sure as those blocks get developed more the lines will go underground

Ah,  I see now.  I somehow missed those pics.  (But, really, unburied, visible utility lines are not in any way unique to Houston, so their presence in the picture does not serve to identify the city...)

• Like 1

I don't have any updated info, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night  ;-)

They are working on the 24th floor.

^^^ boy, you must have had an extraordinary time at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS last night, for i see that you posted twice.  was it a hot hot date?  oh, and much obliged for the floor count.   ;)  ;)