GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Looking at the III Forks Austin menu, fish $30+ and steaks $40+, that's some pretty aggressive pricing. I wonder if they're going to do the same here.

I'm unsure why I would go to 3 forks if mcormicks and shmitds has a better deal on what i'm guessing is equally good food.

Looking at the III Forks Austin menu, fish $30+ and steaks $40+, that's some pretty aggressive pricing. I wonder if they're going to do the same here.

I don't know, who's got bigger expense accounts, politicians or big oil execs.?

• Like 2

That's totally average expense-account steakhouse pricing. I'm not familiar with the name, though. Is III Forks in the same category? Capital Grille, Vic and Anthony's, Ruth's Chris, etc. Or is it more fancy-suburban like Perry's?

I wish we had less steakhouse and more good Italian in this town. A southern Italian (or even better, Sicilian) version of DaMarco. Or a Batali outpost.

They seem to have had plenty of staff but they need to better organize who works at the lanes and who works around the bar.

This was an issue for us as well. They had a ton of people working, but most of them were just standing there doing nothing. I guess that can be attributed to the management once again.

Anyway, I'm glad they straightened everything out for you. The prices during the day are pretty reasonable so I'm not surprised they do good business Friday afternoons.

I hope they fix the management issues because I would really like to have a bowling alley so close to my house.

III Forks opens tonight.

they've been doing test dinners since last week for the downtown crowd. it will be interesting to see what happens since downtown is already saturated with them. lucky strike has been giving out tons of cards for free games.

That's totally average expense-account steakhouse pricing. I'm not familiar with the name, though. Is III Forks in the same category? Capital Grille, Vic and Anthony's, Ruth's Chris, etc. Or is it more fancy-suburban like Perry's?

supposedly like vic and anthony's. with mccormick and schmick's mediocre service downtown, maybe they'll get some of their biz.

... mccormick and schmick's mediocre service downtown ...

M-S service in the Pavillion store SUCKS and the cedar planked salmon SUCKED. I won't go back

By the way. Why Pavilions, with the plural? There is only on Pavilion with many establishments.

I wish we had less steakhouse and more good Italian in this town. A southern Italian (or even better, Sicilian) version of DaMarco. Or a Batali outpost.

Italian is overrated. I can get Italian from any grocer's freezer section. Ugh. How about... Ethiopian? I remember there used to be an Ethiopian restaurant along Westheimer somewhere. Or Portuguese? I dont think I've seen a Portuguese eatery in Houston before. Or Finnish.

Anything but the Italian bandwagon.

Well there are three buildings right? Maybe each building is a pavilion.

In the classical architectural sense, the east and west buildings would be pavillions to the main center building. So, far from being a stupid name, Pavilions (plural) is architecturally descriptive and accurate. Clearly, the poster who claimed it is a stupid name has not done his architecture research.

• Like 2

I'm unsure why I would go to 3 forks if mcormicks and shmitds has a better deal on what i'm guessing is equally good food.

Well, you might go to III Forks rather than McCormick & Schmick's if you're interested in steak more than seafood (or vice versa if the opposite is true).

Edited by Houston19514