GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

From Houston Business Journal...

Link to story

Qatar Airways to open Houston office July 27th at Houston Pavilions

Qatar Airways is opening an office in Houston to complement the airline’s flights between the Bayou City and Doha that started in late March.

The office, located downtown in the Houston Pavilions, will officially open on July 27.

“We made the decision to strategically locate our office in the central business district of Houston to make it easy for business and leisure passengers to make their travel arrangements,” Akbar Al Baker, chief executive officer of Qatar Airways, said in a statement. “Our offices will be staffed by trained, dedicated and courteous professionals who are prepared to help with any travel request.

“We want the on-the-ground customer service experience to be as remarkable as our award-winning in-flight experience. That means there is no detail that is beneath or beyond our attention.”

From Houston Business Journal...

Link to story

Qatar Airways to open Houston office July 27th at Houston Pavilions

Qatar Airways is opening an office in Houston to complement the airline’s flights between the Bayou City and Doha that started in late March.

The office, located downtown in the Houston Pavilions, will officially open on July 27.

“We made the decision to strategically locate our office in the central business district of Houston to make it easy for business and leisure passengers to make their travel arrangements,” Akbar Al Baker, chief executive officer of Qatar Airways, said in a statement. “Our offices will be staffed by trained, dedicated and courteous professionals who are prepared to help with any travel request.

“We want the on-the-ground customer service experience to be as remarkable as our award-winning in-flight experience. That means there is no detail that is beneath or beyond our attention.”

Can someone explain why they have an actual office? Is there a reason for me to book through this office versus making reservations online at their website?

Can someone explain why they have an actual office? Is there a reason for me to book through this office versus making reservations online at their website?

Given that it is a foreign based carrier, perhaps it would be easier for their clientele to speak to someone who can communicate in their native language. That and since there is plenty of petroleum in and around Qatar and there are hundreds of oil-related companies in and around downtown Houston, perhaps they want to be situated near their biggest customer base - oil companies?

Given that it is a foreign based carrier, perhaps it would be easier for their clientele to speak to someone who can communicate in their native language. That and since there is plenty of petroleum in and around Qatar and there are hundreds of oil-related companies in and around downtown Houston, perhaps they want to be situated near their biggest customer base - oil companies?

We have lots of ancillary operations in Doha and the Middle East... and not always in oil.

http://www.qatar.tamu.edu/

Brian Distefano, marketing manager of the 43,000- square-foot House of Blues, which opened in October, said the Pavilions location has had the most financially successful launch in the 13-unit company's history.

Wow... that's pretty impressive considering some of the other locations they have. smile.gif

Don't look now, but this thread is at risk of becoming complementary and optimistic toward HP. Stop it right now. We didn't have 237 pages of negativity in order to thow it all away because the office space got leased, House of Blues is booming, and Lucky Strike is actually going to open. Somebody throw in a downer of a post! Don't you know that "Lidz" didn't make it!!!!

• Like 1

Don't look now, but this thread is at risk of becoming complementary and optimistic toward HP. Stop it right now. We didn't have 237 pages of negativity in order to thow it all away because the office space got leased, House of Blues is booming, and Lucky Strike is actually going to open. Somebody throw in a downer of a post! Don't you know that "Lidz" didn't make it!!!!

LOL Good post!

I hear Metro is going to open up a souvenir shop at HP. That will be nice...(can't wait to get my very own Metro bus key chain that dispenses Mace)

• Like 1

I hear Metro is going to open up a souvenir shop at HP. That will be nice...(can't wait to get my very own Metro bus key chain that dispenses Mace)

I do hope they will sell a Metro Bus Stop Action Playset. Complete with a homeless bum, litter, and stain/urine/vomit appliques. Metro police, ambulance, and innocent bystanders sold separately.

• Like 1

I do hope they will sell a Metro Bus Stop Action Playset. Complete with a homeless bum, litter, and stain/urine/vomit appliques. Metro police, ambulance, and innocent bystanders sold separately.

"No defecating in the bushes" sign sold separately?

Ooh ooh a RideStore that actually stays open past 5:30pm!!! That would be a real asset to downtown.

Uh... ?

Anyway. The bartender at the HOB says that they are still working out their kinks. We'll see.

Went by Lucky Strikes today and it they had a light crew there working on the place. it does seem like it has away to go, but they are making progress....They painted the outside, you can see the bar and lounge coming together, and they've made some progress on the lanes.

If and when this thing opens it will be packed.

Went by Lucky Strikes today and it they had a light crew there working on the place. it does seem like it has away to go, but they are making progress....They painted the outside, you can see the bar and lounge coming together, and they've made some progress on the lanes.

If and when this thing opens it will be packed.

Went the the Ottmar Leibert concert Saturday. It was a nice event and the venue itself was very not bad. Someone had taken our seats so the usher had to kindly remove the imposters. He played Barcelona Nights 3 times and it was awesome.

Afterward, we went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. It was different as I'd never been to a piano bar before. Very entertaining to say the least. I'm sure when she's able to get away again we'll go back.

All in all I give the place 2 thumbs up.

Went the the Ottmar Leibert concert Saturday. It was a nice event and the venue itself was very not bad. Someone had taken our seats so the usher had to kindly remove the imposters. He played Barcelona Nights 3 times and it was awesome.

Afterward, we went to Pete's Dueling Piano Bar. It was different as I'd never been to a piano bar before. Very entertaining to say the least. I'm sure when she's able to get away again we'll go back.

All in all I give the place 2 thumbs up.

It might be premature, but I am starting to think that you can consider HP a success, you have some successful venues coming together and the major components are pretty nice. Forever 21, HOB, Pete's Dueling Piano and when they get Lucky Strike it will be another successful venue. In addition, they have fully leased out the office space to a Fortune 500 corporation.

It does have its faults but in comparison to BLVD and some of the other Mixed Use Developments that either didn't come to fruition or are faultering, this one seems to be off of life support and is making a full recovery.

• Like 1

It might be premature, but I am starting to think that you can consider HP a success, you have some successful venues coming together and the major components are pretty nice. Forever 21, HOB, Pete's Dueling Piano and when they get Lucky Strike it will be another successful venue. In addition, they have fully leased out the office space to a Fortune 500 corporation.

It does have its faults but in comparison to BLVD and some of the other Mixed Use Developments that either didn't come to fruition or are faultering, this one seems to be off of life support and is making a full recovery.

Dont hold your breath. Only time will tell. I sure hope it does well though.

• Like 1

Dont hold your breath. Only time will tell. I sure hope it does well though.

In the anecdotal evidence department, I was invited to a Birthday dinner at Guadalajara on Saturday. Keep in mind that this is for a bunch or current and former (moved to the burbs) inner loopers. I'm not sure who came up with this place or how, but it struck me as interesting that a Pavillion restaurant got tabbed over any numbber of the other usual Inner Loop haunts. I hope this is a sign that this place will actually draw people who live 10-15 minutes away from downtown instead of just staying in Montrose, Heights, etc. The difficulty with downtown restaurants has always been that to attract close-in residents,as those residents had to drive past half a dozen great places to get to the downtown spot.

In the anecdotal evidence department, I was invited to a Birthday dinner at Guadalajara on Saturday. Keep in mind that this is for a bunch or current and former (moved to the burbs) inner loopers. I'm not sure who came up with this place or how, but it struck me as interesting that a Pavillion restaurant got tabbed over any numbber of the other usual Inner Loop haunts. I hope this is a sign that this place will actually draw people who live 10-15 minutes away from downtown instead of just staying in Montrose, Heights, etc. The difficulty with downtown restaurants has always been that to attract close-in residents,as those residents had to drive past half a dozen great places to get to the downtown spot.

Perhaps more important than the location of this place would be the food. What did you order? How was the food?

• Like 2

Yeah, I was at that show with my friend. Opened a tab and had 3 Shiner Bock cans at 7 dollars a pop. I expect to get hosed buying alcohol at a concert but come on House of Blues, really?? My poor friend had six, hahahaha

Is that alot? My girlfriend and I had a few vodka tonics. Blah. I guess I've grown accustomed to paying more for drinks at concerts, bars, plays, or sporting events.

Your friend must have had an awesome time!

• Like 2