GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Downtown bowling lanes project gets upbeat news

Lucky Strike Lanes is rolling again toward the downtown Houston Pavilions.

The stylish bowling alley, bar and cafe concept was originally to open late last year, but in early February the company announced that the project had been put on hold due to a lack of financing. It is now scheduled to open in September.

full article

The stylish bowling alley, bar and cafe concept was originally to open late last year, but in early February the company announced that the project had been put on hold due to a lack of financing. It is now scheduled to open in September.

full article

Great news!

full article

Great news... better late than never!! B)

full article

Damn, reading the comment on Chron.com, bunch of Negative Nancy's.

And I thought we bicker a lot.

I am glad they are going forth with the project finally.

One Park Place should be done by then.

Damn, reading the comment on Chron.com, bunch of Negative Nancy's.

And I thought we bicker a lot.

I am glad they are going forth with the project finally.

One Park Place should be done by then.

One thing I just thought about that's good about OPP is that since it's rental, there will actually be people living in them as opposed to investors who leave them empty, which will help HP.

A friend of mine's father just moved into One Park Place last week. He loves it so far. He's an empty nester who sold a house in the Memorial Villages to move downtown. According to him, the lower floors have people living in them already.

man Guadalajara Del Centro is over rated. salsa sucks, come on, give us something fresh! sorry...its Texas, take pride in your salsa mexican food restaurants
went with some friends 2nite. mediocre was the word i heard most.

A friend of mine's father just moved into One Park Place last week. He loves it so far. He's an empty nester who sold a house in the Memorial Villages to move downtown. According to him, the lower floors have people living in them already.

That is correct. People have been moving in for a number of weeks already.

I cannot believe how much rent is at OPP. I thought it would be on par with Midtown, where I live now but when I saw $1800 a month for a 1BR, forget that, I'll stick with Midtown and take the train in and save $800 a month.

I cannot believe how much rent is at OPP. I thought it would be on par with Midtown, where I live now but when I saw $1800 a month for a 1BR, forget that, I'll stick with Midtown and take the train in and save $800 a month.

Obviously, you are not down with OPP...

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
A majority of the office building is being rented out by a major Fortune 500 corporation. Word through the camp fire is that the lease is signed, sealed and delivered.

nice news.

can anyone report on the heartbeat of HP lately?

eek, nice update. I see they're crawling to the business crowd hours the rest of downtown has.

Hopefully they're open after 5

Until there are a lot more people living right by HP it's probably for the best. I stopped by once after work (about 8:30 PM) and it was empty to the point of creepiness. Although I did get to thumb through that New York Times front page book for a good hour or so, so that was nice.

Recently I was in San Diego and visited Horton (sp?) Plaza, which is basically their downtown version of the Pavilions. It was fully occupied. It had a Macy's, Abercrombie, Banana Republic, ice cream shop, etc.

And still, it wasn't extremely exciting and I don't think HP ever will be, either. After one visit I never went back and instead spent time in the Gaslamp District and the Pacific Beach area. The only time I went back was when I needed to get a pullover from BR because it was chillier than expected at night, and the only reason I went to that one is because it was close to my hotel.

My thoughts out of this whole experience were that the Pavilions are not going to be the destination people expected them to be. If they are ever able to climb over 50% occupied they will be a nice attraction for convention and business visitors from out of town. But even then, after one or two visits those people would realize that Midtown, Highland Village, Galleria, etc. have more to offer.

Just my .02, none of which is groundbreaking insight.

Recently I was in San Diego and visited Horton (sp?) Plaza, which is basically their downtown version of the Pavilions. It was fully occupied. It had a Macy's, Abercrombie, Banana Republic, ice cream shop, etc.

And still, it wasn't extremely exciting and I don't think HP ever will be, either. After one visit I never went back and instead spent time in the Gaslamp District and the Pacific Beach area. The only time I went back was when I needed to get a pullover from BR because it was chillier than expected at night, and the only reason I went to that one is because it was close to my hotel.

My thoughts out of this whole experience were that the Pavilions are not going to be the destination people expected them to be. If they are ever able to climb over 50% occupied they will be a nice attraction for convention and business visitors from out of town. But even then, after one or two visits those people would realize that Midtown, Highland Village, Galleria, etc. have more to offer.

did that place have restaurants and other attractions like House of Blues or a bowling alley? You just named retail stores so I'm just wondering.

this has been said time and time again... HP is nothing more than an outdoor mall with an office component, and part of the retail is being converted to for office use for the potential tenant. this is the park shoppes pt. 2 with a HOB and a bowling alley.

incredibley underwhelming and completely disappointing for 3 prime contiguous and subsidized blocks downtown.

Ugh.

Perhaps it does not help that the meter maids are on the rampage there. I received a parking ticket last week.

$65 if paid within 45 days. $100 after that.

All this because I was over by less than an hour? I think it was on a Saturday too.

UGH. No thanks.

I wonder what people said about the Galleria 6 months after it opened. I wonder what they would have said about it if the economy in 1970 was a scary as it is in 2009.

I think it was incredibly naive of anyone to think that HP was going to change the entire retail landscape of dt Houston in its first 6 months of operation even in a booming economy.

I walked through HP the other day and yes it's no Galleria, but there is a great potential. And again, I'd rather be looking at 3 blocks of empty storefronts than 3 blocks of parking lots. At least now we have infrastructure and not just a pipe dream.

One more point - Be glad something was done with those blocks when it was, because any further delay of the construction of HP would have probably meant those 3 blocks would have remained parking lots for many, many more years.

Give it time. Any if your REALLY concerned about HP, buy all your books at Books-A-Million and do all your shopping at Forever XXI.

did that place have restaurants and other attractions like House of Blues or a bowling alley? You just named retail stores so I'm just wondering.

It is right off Broadway, which has several chain tourist restaurants. There was a HOB right next to it, but not sure if it's included in the development or if it's considered by itself.