GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Went by Lucky Strike bowling alley and it is probably 75% complete....It looks great. They have most of the lanes in and the pins have been delivered. Mark my words, this place is going to be huge and will have a very high demand to get in and bowl. They do not have a great deal of lanes, and I bet this is going to be the place to see and be seen.

• Like 2

Went by Lucky Strike bowling alley and it is probably 75% complete....It looks great. They have most of the lanes in and the pins have been delivered. Mark my words, this place is going to be huge and will have a very high demand to get in and bowl. They do not have a great deal of lanes, and I bet this is going to be the place to see and be seen.

That's great! They (lucky strike) usually don't have a lot of lanes compared to normal bowling alleys... so I think that's normal for them... can't wait to go something fun and different to do in the city!

The difficulty with downtown restaurants has always been that to attract close-in residents,as those residents had to drive past half a dozen great places to get to the downtown spot.

Maybe the new rail might help with that?

What can also help is having more stuff to see and do downtown besides the restaurant, so as to be able to make it a complete outing than just a meal. Discovery Green is definitely a step in the right direction, as would be the longterm success of HP as a whole. It's still looking pretty dead, but let's see what Lucky Strike's opening does.

I think a mix is needed, the one mistake I believe the designers of HP made is by not mixing up the anchors to force people to walk through all four blocks. They should have paired HOB with Forever 21 and Lucky Strike with Books A Million. The synergy of the audiences would have played well with that pairing. Instead, what you have is people looking for entertainment will stay at the far end of HP and the people that are looking to shop will be 3 blocks away.

Mix Use means exactly that.

Went by Lucky Strikes today and it they had a light crew there working on the place. it does seem like it has away to go, but they are making progress....They painted the outside, you can see the bar and lounge coming together, and they've made some progress on the lanes.

If and when this thing opens it will be packed.

Lucky Strike's official opening date is October 8th.

I took her out on a saturday night. It was quite packed. Not sure about the weekdays though...

I've wandered around there a bit... kinda dead at the beginning of the week, but Thursday-Sunday they do quite well.

BTW... Houston Pavilions is in the transportation business. They've partnered with the pedicabs agencies and the Electric car place to provide "quick shuttles" between HP, downtown and midtown. Since I have rehearsal almost every night at the Wortham, I get to encounter the shuttles quite frequently. I even met a few people that have actually "figured it out"... they parked on the rail line and rode it into downtown, had dinner at Guadalajara, and then saw a movie at the Angelika!! I've seen an HP shuttle or pedicab in the Theater district every single night.

BTW... Houston Pavilions is in the transportation business. They've partnered with the pedicabs agencies and the Electric car place to provide "quick shuttles" between HP, downtown and midtown. Since I have rehearsal almost every night at the Wortham, I get to encounter the shuttles quite frequently. I even met a few people that have actually "figured it out"... they parked on the rail line and rode it into downtown, had dinner at Guadalajara, and then saw a movie at the Angelika!! I've seen an HP shuttle or pedicab in the Theater district every single night.

Great idea. Hopefully that will get more people over there.

I looked in the windows last night and it's not all that huge. I know someone already mentioned that there arent' that many lanes. I think I saw 8 or so? Only 2 of them are long, the other 6 are short; not sure why. And they all have big screens over where the pins are, I guess for TV? There were bunches of HD TVs in the bar area playing a football game too. Looked like there were some business people in there late with their laptops still working too.

Looks like it'll worth a visit.

I looked in the windows last night and it's not all that huge. I know someone already mentioned that there arent' that many lanes. I think I saw 8 or so? Only 2 of them are long, the other 6 are short; not sure why. And they all have big screens over where the pins are, I guess for TV? There were bunches of HD TVs in the bar area playing a football game too. Looked like there were some business people in there late with their laptops still working too.

Looks like it'll worth a visit.

There are 14 lanes total.

Lucky Strike Lanes opens October 9th with some amazing specials! The Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the Late Night Happy Hour Sunday through Thursday from 10 p.m. to closing is a great way to get your drink on. You can't beat deals such as half off the lounge menu, cosmos and lemontinis for $5, house wine by the glass for $4 and Bud Light Draft for $3. You also can turn lunch time into a party with the Lunch & Bowl special Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (We won't tell your boss.) You buy lunch for $7.95 and get a free game. Lunch specials include such treats as the Lucky Strike cheeseburger, BLT with avocado, turkey brie sandwich, cheese pizza, chicken Caesar salad and more. All the lunch specials come with unlimited soda or iced tea.

Lucky Strike Lanes opens October 9th with some amazing specials! The Happy Hour Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and the Late Night Happy Hour Sunday through Thursday from 10 p.m. to closing is a great way to get your drink on. You can't beat deals such as half off the lounge menu, cosmos and lemontinis for $5, house wine by the glass for $4 and Bud Light Draft for $3. You also can turn lunch time into a party with the Lunch & Bowl special Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (We won't tell your boss.) You buy lunch for $7.95 and get a free game. Lunch specials include such treats as the Lucky Strike cheeseburger, BLT with avocado, turkey brie sandwich, cheese pizza, chicken Caesar salad and more. All the lunch specials come with unlimited soda or iced tea.

I was so about to post this!!! I love the Lunch deal... that's an awesome way to get the word out!

FYI... III Forks' opening date is October 27th

It seems like they're making some progress on Yao's.

Lucky Strike, improve the happy hour specials please, add a few more beers to it. Maybe $3 or $3.50 Blue Moon?

Why go up on the price? Why not just $3? Or better yet... $1.50 beer during lunch. :)