GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

No, that's the mattress store. It'll be next to the cell phone store.

Yes, we've had a thread on this, but it won't just be any cell phone store (AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon)

It has to be Cricket, Boost Mobile or some other pre-pay/no credit check provider.

Sorry, I know there is a very happy Cricket customer here. . .

i've read a few places that lucky strike is out of money and will not be opening up in the pavillions at all. what do you guys think of this? is the pavillions doomed?

dream

Well Dream... it's a nightmare. Their management should have timed this better. I think this is not good news at all. To say the least, yes, it's doomed.

Edited by LTAWACS

I don't want to seem overly and constantly negative, or like chicken little, or like some bozo loser who got beat up a lot in high school, but I bet Houston Pavilions gets cancelled and torn down any day now. Who would have thought the entire fate of downtown (and yes, the entire city of Houston) would ever rest with a bunch of yuppie bowlers.

And this is only the beginning. I've heard that the economy is so bad that they are actually going to start dismantling Williams Tower, Discovery Green and the Galleria.

I bet everyone in Houston is going to be laid off this year. Great Depression II will probably never end in Houston. But sit back and watch Dallas and Atlanta continue to get all these cool projects while Houston sits stagnant! I bet all our pro teams move away soon too! Will this torturous existence ever end!

Me and 'WACS told you so. :wacko: :wacko:

Edited by Mister X

I don't want to seem overly and constantly negative, or like chicken little, or like some bozo loser who got beat up a lot in high school, but I bet Houston Pavilions gets cancelled and torn down any day now. Who would have thought the entire fate of downtown (and yes, the entire city of Houston) would ever rest with a bunch of yuppie bowlers.

And this is only the beginning. I've heard that the economy is so bad that they are actually going to start dismantling Williams Tower, Discovery Green and the Galleria.

I bet everyone in Houston is going to be laid off this year. Great Depression II will probably never end in Houston. But sit back and watch Dallas and Atlanta continue to get all these cool projects while Houston sits stagnant! I bet all our pro teams move away soon too! Will this torturous existence ever end!

Me and 'WACS told you so. :wacko::wacko:

Nah, HP has at least 3 more years to piss away money IMO. Even if it completely failed, it would sit idle rather than be torn down IMO. There is still plenty of parking lots that want to be converted into new construction in downtown.

haha good stuff! that is what i feel like i am reading in every post "they" make! ha!~

:lol:

Me and 'WACS told you so. :wacko: :wacko:

LOL Well said.

Well done sir.

Aren't we forgetting something?? HOB is a smashing success... probably the biggest entertainment addition in Houston of last year. XXI is doing ok (unless the girls are just going into the store and stealing the yellow bags so they can LOOK like they bought something). And the eateries are making probably making it on lunch business alone. So the totality of Houston Pavilions is no bueno yet, but you can't exactly yank HOB or XXI... they are making money and bringing people into downtown.

Worst case scenario here... Lucky Strike pulls out, and HP has to find another tenant. HOPEFULLY they'll try to find another bowling alley b/c that would be really cool to have in downtown. But something like a Dave & Busters would probably do ok also... as long as it's oriented in activity and entertainment.

Aren't we forgetting something?? HOB is a smashing success... probably the biggest entertainment addition in Houston of last year. So the totality of Houston Pavilions is no bueno yet, but you can't exactly yank HOB or XXI... they are making money and bringing people into downtown.

what data were you reading that makes HOB a smashing success?

what data were you reading that makes HOB a smashing success?

Alas, I have no data, but I'll try to hunt some up.

Several shows have sold out, most shows have been near capacity. The restaurant portion seems to be doing ok (I see people there everytime I go by). They tend to stack up in the early evenings though, and there's less business during the actual showtimes.

• 2 weeks later...

One, it's not fair to judge it in this economy.

Though the Pavilions is presented as an urban place, the developers' backgrounds are in traditional covered malls, and it shows in two missed opportunities at Houston Pavilions.

[left]

I don't think this is a legitimate excuse as to why they made HP mall-like. Most of us are not developers or architects, but we (and probably anyone else in Houston) could have told that stores facing the street instead of a hidden corridor would have been 100 times better. Maybe they just really wanted to build those skywalks??

But who knows? Perhaps the Houston Pavilions will succeed as its antecedent in Denver did, with success being defined as drawing enough wealthy professionals that the stores thrive, filling the city coffers with tax dollars.

It will.

Edited by lockmat

I'm sort of surprised more people haven't zeroed in on the lack of tunnel connectivity. (Or maybe they have.)

I think it was definitely an error in judgment, if they even had a choice. The tunnels are privately owned, so maybe their access was refused.