GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

Same here. I thought it was a Spanish tapas restaurant.

Now that I know they only sell BB caps, I know I have no reason to be there... Come on... Did they really think the market for BB caps in downtown would be significant? Perhaps during baseball season? There are other stores closed to MMP for that...

This is just strange that they would do something like this.

My prediction:

Lids will close that location within six months...which will lead to five pages of posts claiming that it's a sign that the entire Pavilions project is a complete disaster. :lol:

On the Lids store finder, I typed in 77002 and this location didn't even show up.

I took a trip to the Galleria for the first time in a long while the other day (eek!) and noticed there were TWO stores there (one with embroidering in-store, according to the web site).

Ok i called William Denton/Geoffrey Jones Office at 832-320-1201 and spoke with the Secretary. I've been goin crazy over information about the Video Screens. All she was able to tell me was the plans were originally in the works and is still being looked at happening in the near future, there's just no installations at this time.

The last few times i called on thie issue, the people who answered the phone had no clue about it!!!

Maybe they're waiting on more tennants to finish opening up. But i thought the meeting w/ City Council said that they only had 4 months (opening day) to get them installed. What's the deal I wonder????

BTW good news about the office tennant. Of course i'm only excited about retail tennants at this point!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I peeked inside the windows of "Guadalajara del Centro" last night and it looks really nice. Can't wait to try the food when it opens.

I'm also looking forward to "Polk Street Grill" opening up (though I did not peek in the windows so I do not know how far along it is).

Instead of Lidz how about a cowboy hat store for the tourists?

Ok i called William Denton/Geoffrey Jones Office at 832-320-1201 and spoke with the Secretary. I've been goin crazy over information about the Video Screens. All she was able to tell me was the plans were originally in the works and is still being looked at happening in the near future, there's just no installations at this time.

The last few times i called on thie issue, the people who answered the phone had no clue about it!!!

Maybe they're waiting on more tennants to finish opening up. But i thought the meeting w/ City Council said that they only had 4 months (opening day) to get them installed. What's the deal I wonder????

BTW good news about the office tennant. Of course i'm only excited about retail tennants at this point!!!

So did she give a time frame as when it might become a possiblity? Because i was really looking foward to it. The opening of this thing has kind of been a dissapointment so far. The tennants are coming in phases which wasn't in the plans originally. The lighting is mediocre, no video screens.

I thought the developers had big grandiose plans on how the lighting on the circular skyrings was supposed to shoot off in to the night sky? It was supposed to be so stunning, it could be seen from the freeway! ;)

I'm sorry to be a complainer but now Lucky Strike Lanes backed up its opening date to April. How long does it take to build a stinkin bowling alley in an already built facility? The opening date keeps getting pushed back further and further.

I'm sorry to be a complainer but now Lucky Strike Lanes backed up its opening date to April. How long does it take to build a stinkin bowling alley in an already built facility? The opening date keeps getting pushed back further and further.

Where did you get that "info" regarding Lucky Strike backing up its opening date to April? Last I heard it was still March. And the issue is some problem with getting some of the equipment. I'm sure they are every bit as frustrated as you are.... perhaps even more. ;-)

This is not surprising. Check out my other posts on this matter.

Where did you get that "info" regarding Lucky Strike backing up its opening date to April? Last I heard it was still March. And the issue is some problem with getting some of the equipment. I'm sure they are every bit as frustrated as you are.... perhaps even more. ;-)

see post 4295

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...851&st=4290

Receptionists are never informed of the minutia of individual projects (unless the minutia generates too many pesky time-wasting calls from non-stakeholders). They typically are not even informed about the project timeline or even the projected completion date, which is far more pertinent to the well-being of their employer than are some kind of lighting gizmos. Their job is to answer the phone and direct calls.

If you want a definitive answer, you need to speak with someone that is directly involved with the project. If the City cut a deal with Houston Pavilions to allow them a variance on the sign ordinance, City documents may indicate who the developer's representative was. That would be someone you might want to talk to.

The opening of this thing has kind of been a dissapointment so far. The tennants are coming in phases which wasn't in the plans originally.

The problem with firms that seek public subsidy for their projects is that they have to pump up public expectations so much that what results in the end is almost certain to be a disappointment. They did an excellent job managing expectations--only, their definition of success differs from yours.

The precise timing of tenant openings is beyond the developer's control. Some tenant buildout is easier than others. Think about it. Have you ever witnessed a large retail center that opened all at once on a particular day and was 100% physically occupied? No. It doesn't work that way.

So did she give a time frame as when it might become a possiblity? Because i was really looking foward to it. The opening of this thing has kind of been a dissapointment so far. The tennants are coming in phases which wasn't in the plans originally. The lighting is mediocre, no video screens.

I thought the developers had big grandiose plans on how the lighting on the circular skyrings was supposed to shoot off in to the night sky? It was supposed to be so stunning, it could be seen from the freeway! ;)

I'm sorry you're a complainer, too. Read this and see if it makes any sense to you.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com...-coming-in.html

Well I haven't built a bowling alley in a few years but last one I built took a little time. :rolleyes:

Ha ha... but anyways, the problem Lucky Strike ran into wasn't that it was taking longer to actually build the place... stuff they needed to finish didn't come in as quickly as they expected... they are pretty much ready to go but they are waiting for certain things (not sure exactly what) to get delivered so they can put them in place and open up.

hmmm... Houston Pavilions website still says March. But in any event..... so what? The opening has been delayed by equipment delays completely outside of either Lucky Strike's or HP's control. I think HP, downtown Houston and the Houston metro area will be able to survive this relatively minor delay in the opening of a high-end bowling alley downtown. Sheesh.

Edited by Houston19514

hmmm... Houston Pavilions website still says March. But in any event..... so what? The opening has been delayed by equipment delays completely outside of either Lucky Strike's or HP's control. I think HP, downtown Houston and the Houston metro area will be able to survive this relatively minor delay in the opening of a high-end bowling alley downtown. Sheesh.

No. NO! You speak blasphemy! Should the yuppie bowling alley not be completed by midnight on March 31st, we will all most assuredly perish.

^^^ Wow. I think that's the funiest thing i've ever read from you Niche. Glad to see you actually have a sense of humor.

I'll just keep my frustrations to myself. I haven't even had $$$ to patronize this place.

^^^Nobody knows. I hope it happens not too long after most of the tennants arrive. I was there last night and I have to admit that things are shaping up. A few new tennants have opened. The Guadalara restaurant looks good but its not open. East downtown Houston is really looking good with the increased foot traffic, Toyota Center Events, and Discovery Green.

How's that for complaining Redscare?

^^^Nobody knows. I hope it happens not too long after most of the tennants arrive. I was there last night and I have to admit that things are shaping up. A few new tennants have opened. The Guadalara restaurant looks good but its not open. East downtown Houston is really looking good with the increased foot traffic, Toyota Center Events, and Discovery Green.

How's that for complaining Redscare?

Much better. Not to pick on you, but after reading in the weekend papers that the global recession probably has at least another year in it, the thought of reading HP complaints for another year really sucked. Frankly, we are lucky that these tenants are opening at all. If it takes an extra month or two, that's not bad.

As for the TVs, well, since 20thStreet promised to give me a ride down there, I guess that means I'm not going either. :)

Surely no lighting could be so spectacular as to be seen from five blocks away. Why do blinking lights so interest you?

You realize that the light flying off the rings was a developer sketch, right? Like uh, promotional materials and stuff. You know, they kind of exaggerate things in the sketches to make things look more interesting.

Priority #1 for Houston Pavilions is to get more tennants to open. Hopefully, they'll start working on the flashy stuff once they meet the terms of their lease.