GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

HP now has a page on facebook. There's a link at the bottom of the front page at their website.

Also...did any of these happen?

Other Opening Dates:

Andalusia Tapas Restaurant & Bar - January 2009

Guadalajara del Centro - January 2009

Mia Bella - January 2009

Clique Salon - January 2009

Edited by lockmat

HP now has a page on facebook. There's a link at the bottom of the front page at their website.

Also...did any of these happen?

Other Opening Dates:

Andalusia Tapas Restaurant & Bar - January 2009

Guadalajara del Centro - January 2009

Mia Bella - January 2009

Clique Salon - January 2009

Guadalajara looks almost complete now. The interior work looks done and the tables and chairs have been put in place, which tells me that they're just days from opening.

I see no indication of the others.

I wonder if they serve chips...

Guadalaraja is open now and it was packed. Clique salon is now open across from Guadalara. Mia Bella is still under construction, don't know what is going on with that one. It makes me a little worried, I haven't seen any movement on that one for some time.

Guadalaraja is open now and it was packed. Clique salon is now open across from Guadalara. Mia Bella is still under construction, don't know what is going on with that one. It makes me a little worried, I haven't seen any movement on that one for some time.

Cool, when did you see it packed?

Cool, when did you see it packed?

Lunch time...Going to HOB for lunch and passed by Guadalajara....It was full for lunch as well. Again. I think lunch is going to keep HP alive and slowly once we get out of this recession you will see the next revival of downtown houston and HP/OPP/Discovery Green will lead the way

Lunch time...Going to HOB for lunch and passed by Guadalajara....It was full for lunch as well. Again. I think lunch is going to keep HP alive and slowly once we get out of this recession you will see the next revival of downtown houston and HP/OPP/Discovery Green will lead the way

Cool. I might take the wife out for dinner there. I will never go back to HOB though. The food was quite bland. What do you think of it?

I drove by Guadalajara tonight on my way back from Christ Church. It wasn't packed (at about 10ish) but there were several tables occupied near the windows and a few people waiting for the valet. That's a good sign because I don't think the Rockets played at home tonight?

Uh-oh. About the only good thing about this announcement will be the entertainment on this thread...

LUCKY STRIKE IS ON HOLD.

The Chron is reporting that they've finished about half the build out but have run out of funding and are looking for other investors. Denton and other retailers/restaurants/bars are downplaying the effect this will have, but this is prety major.

Lucky Strike was billed as an anchor. Losing an anchor at this stage of the game is terrible.

I am sure the restaurants are especially sad to see this as they could have counted on folks coming for dinner before heading over to bowl/drink/play games.

Uh-oh. About the only good thing about this announcement will be the entertainment on this thread...

LUCKY STRIKE IS ON HOLD.

The Chron is reporting that they've finished about half the build out but have run out of funding and are looking for other investors. Denton and other retailers/restaurants/bars are downplaying the effect this will have, but this is prety major.

Lucky Strike was billed as an anchor. Losing an anchor at this stage of the game is terrible.

I am sure the restaurants are especially sad to see this as they could have counted on folks coming for dinner before heading over to bowl/drink/play games.

I knew it!

Edited by LTAWACS

Cool. I might take the wife out for dinner there. I will never go back to HOB though. The food was quite bland. What do you think of it?

I've eaten there quite a few times and enjoy the food. I've ordered the meatloaf and their cornbread is delicious, you might want to try the ribs as well. I would give it another shot.

For lunch in downtown Houston HOB vs. the Park Shops. I will take HOB.

It's not canceled... just on hold... try and be a little optimistic.

I wonder how much is Lucky Strike short. I was also looking forward to this anchor coming into HP and I thought it was one of the most important ones to be in there. I think it is a good investment and will definetly make the money back with all of the downtown corporations looking for outings and weekend activities for adults.

I finally got to check this out and I was impressed, except of course for all the vacant space.

I entered off Main and walked the three blocks east.

When you come out the other end, there's the Park Shops mall, the Hilton, and the Toyota Center, all right in front of you. What a great idea!

The corridors are very appealing. The fact that you are right in the middle of Downtown gives the place an air of excitement that just wouldn't be there if you were almost anywhere else.

The bookstore has a great selection and is very appealing. It's a nice thing to have Downtown, though there weren't many people there at about 7pm on a Saturday night. The Forever 21 next door was busier and it looked like people were actually buying things as opposed to hanging out...

This project is a winner I think and a great addition to the city!

I hope they can get more space leased out to retailers. If so, adding that to the Macy's and the Park Shops might make Downtown a shopping destination.

LUCKY STRIKE IS ON HOLD.

Wow, they only built half of it, and it was originally supposed to open 2 months ago.

Everyone must be hurting.

Had the Pavilions started a year to two later, I bet the whole complex would have "Shamrock'd".

At least the "namesake" reflects the old Pavilions in uptown situation . . . lots of vacancies.

Edited by Pumapayam