GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from the Pavilions and was blown away by how much space NRG now occupies. They are not just in the tower, but are also on the ground floor and a big chunk of the second floor. You can literally walk up to their offices and be creepy by staring at employees working at their desks... or stand in at their board room. Just added pics of it on InnerLooped. The offices are really cool looking btw.

Just got back from the Pavilions and was blown away by how much space NRG now occupies. They are not just in the tower, but are also on the ground floor and a big chunk of the second floor. You can literally walk up to their offices and be creepy by staring at employees working at their desks... or stand in at their board room. Just added pics of it on InnerLooped. The offices are really cool looking btw.

yeah... NRG has the entire 9 floor office building, and three floors of what was going to be retail space.

I checked out the construction every day as I walked from the parking garage to (in the day) and stumbled back after work at night

Like your site. Thanks for the pics.

NRG saved the project.

• 2 weeks later...

NRG bought Reliant. When did that happen?

NRG purchased Reliant in March of 2009:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/3080606

Our department moved into HP last Monday. 85% of Reliant retail employees will be in this building along with NRG Texas employees. Customer Service is located in the Travis Tower (across the street). All 11 floors will be occupied by the end of February.

I love working in this area, but I can't afford $15 lunches at III Forks, McCormicks or Yao's, so I usually walk a few blocks over to the Park Shops or across the street to the Luby's express (no tunnel access from HP). Happy that Books-a-Million is staying, but wasn't impressed with their selection or employees.

From what I've seen, unless its lunch time or a big concert is playing at the HOB, HP is dead as a door nail. Of course this is with only about 35% of the office building occupied right now. I'm guessing that will change once we are fully moved in next month.

I'm disappointed with the layout. The corridors/walkways are narrow, dark and uninviting - it would have been cool to have smaller restaurants with cafe outdoor seating ala Washington Ave in Miami. It might also benefit from other outdoor events, performances, shows, acts - something to get a crowd gathering.

We'll see - hoping things improve.

Oh and catch a glimpse while you can - pretty sure we are getting privacy blinds soon :)