Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class

Becoming difficult to tell it apart from the new C-Class and S-Class as it ties in more with these two.

2017-Mercedes-E-Class-6.jpg

Crafty interior, I'd say one of the best in this segment. They've ditched the iPad mounted on top of the dashboard trend.

2017-Mercedes-E-Class-8.jpg

2017-Mercedes-E-Class-29.jpg

Nice car, but it looks too much like the S and C. MBs traditionally have some shared design language between the models, but at least there was some difference between the models and their designs.

2017 Bolt EV: Nice vehicle to slot under the Volt, but at a 30k starting price (with federal tax credit applied) and low gas prices, they will have a hard time moving them.

.2017 Lexus LC500: All the unique details come together well here, even with the predator grille. The tan interior is where I want to be; sweet car.

Lexus-LC500-42.jpg

The Buick Avista concept is a beauty also

7zwIEra.jpg

PzPwIJ1.jpg

Agreed, will be interesting to see what comes of it in production. It is built on the same platform as the Cadillac ATS, which has a coupe variant that has not been sales success at all. The new Camaro uses the platform too, so that might keep the low volume other brand stuff alive as they seem to sell fairly well.  I'm most interested to see if GM develops a turbo V6 and what all they do with it.

The 2016 Lincoln Continental concept is one sexy beast.

Lincoln-Continental-Concept-3.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/2016-lincoln-continental-concept-this-is-it-1694455362

Here's the production version. Some cool details made it through approval (door handles, seats, side mirrors, blue interior, etc.).

2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-109-

2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-110-2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-101-

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-lincoln-continental-photos-and-info-news

• Like 1

Where's the shifter?

And personally, I think the Cadillac CT6 is a much better looking car.

Lincoln ditched the knob for buttons, left side of the nav screen:

Lincoln-Continental-Carscoops31.jpg

I agree. Cadillac's flagship will def have more presence on the road. Although this car has nice details here and there, as a whole it gets a meh from me. Center stack screams "Ford" more than "flagship".

Here's the production version. Some cool details made it through approval (door handles, seats, side mirrors, blue interior, etc.).

2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-109-

2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-110-2017-Lincoln-Continental-show-floor-101-

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2017-lincoln-continental-photos-and-info-news

That blue on blue! I need a towel. (drooling)

Glad to see we're finally getting away from beige on tan and silver on gray.

• 3 weeks later...

awHU87x.jpg

There were more guys taking pics of the "booth babe" at that display than there were taking pics of the Lambo. 

I was happy to see an Alfa Romeo display, and got a close-up view of both the 4C and the Giulia Quadrifoglio. They really need to offer a manual transmission in the 4C. 

I wish Houston would get more concept cars, but I've gotten resigned to the fact that we'll always be in the second tier of the car-show circuit - if you're not NY, LA, or Detroit, you can pretty much forget about most concept cars making an appearance, at least while they're still relatively new. 

The new Lincoln Continental is quite attractive, and Lincoln seems intent on cultivating a new generation of customers, as they were offering $75 to anyone who signed up to test drive one at a dealer.