Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

I know that. I like the law, and want it enforced. I am tired of the arrogance of those who think their car is so precious it can't be sullied with a front plate. Perhaps car makers ought to include front plates in their design.

I agree with the reasons advanced in the petition. Perhaps Texas should join all the other states that have deemed front plates unnecessary. I'd never noticed that antiques & classics over 25 years old were exempt from the requirement, so since my car's 16 years old, I guess I only have another 9 years of living the outlaw lifestyle before I can return to the fold of law-abiding citizens. Until then, I'm quite content to be labeled with that particular adjective.

arrogant_bastard_ale_bottle_and_glass_st

Not a Vette, but BMWs.  Which are almost as bad about not using front plates anywhere other than Virginia (where they take that sort of thing REAL seriously).

Edit:  On further reflection, perhaps Ross is from Virginia.  :ph34r:

Nope, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn there a few times.

• Like 1

Abolish the front plate! That plate holder (for cars that still come with such provisions) can be used for more important things like Betty Boop vanity license plates and Duck Dynasty plates, both of which can be found at most Walmarts in states without front plate laws.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

See, I believe you guys, but I followed a Model S into the garage before spotting this one. It just looked...different? And most Tesla's have the Model S logo, even the early gen's ( I think)

The Model X's look more like a Porsche Cayenne, but better. I like the look, it's not breathtaking, but to pretty impressive how much they fit into such a small body.

2016 Bentley Bentayga

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/bentley-bentayga-will-be-most-expensive.html

Super lux automakers adding SUVs to their lineup. Expect competition for this coming from Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini.

Lamborghini has had the Urus planned for 2017 for the past several years. It should be a much more refined successor to the 1986-1993 LM002, aka "the truck with a V12".

lamborghini-urus-concept-1.jpg

http://www.autozeitung.de/faszination-auto/lamborghini-urus-2013-concept-lm002-studie-vorstellung-sport-suv-gn-200118?panorama=1#

2016 Bentley Bentayga

http://www.carscoops.com/2015/09/bentley-bentayga-will-be-most-expensive.html

Super lux automakers adding SUVs to their lineup. Expect competition for this coming from Rolls-Royce and Lamborghini.

LED "B" within the taillights, very neat detail.

1st year production is sold out already - that didn't take long !!

Test drove a Nissan Leaf the other day and might be getting one. It was insanely fun to drive thanks to the instant torque. Anyone here have one or have thoughts on it? I was surprised by the amount of room inside it.

If you can get past the looks, it has gotten pretty good write ups....as long as the range is good for whatever kind of driving you do, Im sure it would do a good job

Well I bought the Leaf last night. It's nice knowing I'll never visit a gas station again. Cost me 11k used for top of the line 2012 with all extra features (including 30 min quick charge port and solar panel for the 12v). I live in the loop so the range is more than I'll ever need.

Just now, pulled up to Central Nissan to see how free charging works. A dude plugged the car in for me and told me to come inside and have free coffee. They don't even have service like that at gas stations! Watching ESPN, drinking a mocha, and getting free "gas" during lunch... pretty good first day impression.

• Like 1

If money weren't an issue...P85D.

I love Car & Driver's review of the P85D (http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-tesla-model-s-p85d-first-drive-review):

A clot of Corollas can be dispatched with one quiet leap forward, putting those Toyotas in the only place they look good: the rearview mirror.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...