Car Talk → 2022

Subdude

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

Went to one of his dealerships/shops and was pointed out this near $4 million Aston Martin. Think they said there is only 18 in existence?

Edit: $4 million for a car? Rarity I guess..

That looks like a DB4GT Zagato. Not exactly a common car by any means, but there are plenty of other cars that are worth far more than $4 million. A Ferrari GTO just sold at Monterey in August for $48 million. That's a pretty extreme example, though, as the GTO is arguably the most desirable collector car out there, and the hammer price set a new record for a car sold at auction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBp9QmDFTfY

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Polestar 2

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/03/2020-polestar-2-ev-revealed-402hp-78kwh-battery-275-miles-range/

Polestar, a division of Volvo geared towards performance models for their lineup, is now introducing “electric performance vehicles”. Polestar 2 arrives ready to take on the Model 3. 

Personally, I’m not a fan. The body looks awkward from some angles...unfinished..dare I say..like a Chinese car rip off. Also don’t like the black plastic flares nor high ride height, you’d think it’d be much lower to the ground since Polestar is still going for performance. 

fcf27beb-polestar_2_002.jpg

15432ca2-polestar_2_005.jpg

Here’s Polestar 1, a much more handsome machine.

polestar_1_010.jpg?w=1280&h=790&fit=crop

• Like 2

On 3/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, Naviguessor said:

It looks a little more “Dodge” than “Volvo” to me.

Agreed.  The black cladding on the rocker panels has the dual effect of making the body seem less tall, while also appearing to sit higher off the ground.  I don't hate it exactly, but it does come off as a bit awkward.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, ekdrm2d1 said:

First time seeing a Lamborghini SUV. Of course in RO

ducnldM.jpg

Not a fan of SUVs in general, but if you gotta have one, you could certainly do worse than a Urus. 

On the other hand, for the truly deep-pocketed, tuners have been doing some interesting things with Mercedes' G-Wagen in recent years, such as Brabus' 888-HP, twin-turbo V12 G900:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Right Hand Drive GTR at this Tanglewood high rise site today. 

DF8522V.jpg

Sweet-looking R32. Judging from the aftermarket intercooler + exhaust and the TX2K window decal, I'd bet it has a twin-turbo-to-single-turbo swap under the hood and at least 500hp. 

• Like 1

This has been in the garage for a year or two.

jjkbYH3.jpg

eGhFLkY.jpg

That's depressing. They put the tonneau cover up, but couldn't get a cover for the entire car? Guessing it's owned by someone with more cars than free time. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here's something I never expected to see offered for sale - an actual TAG/Porsche V6 turbo Formula 1 engine shoehorned into a 930:

The combination of these engines and McLaren chassis ruled F1 in the mid-1980s - after some initial teething problems in 1983, they won successive world driving championships from 1984-1986. By way of comparison, here's a very brief video of Niki Lauda at an early test session for the new engine:

On 7/21/2019 at 4:18 PM, hindesky said:

I heard they will start under $60,000. Probably be a lot more with all the upgrades.

Yeah, that's the number that was mentioned during the livestreamed event.

There's a link on the main site to a configurator that lets you spec out and reserve one, but of course it doesn't display the pricing for the options. Must be a whole lot of folks daydreaming of a new Vette, because the configurator site crashed almost immediately after the main site went live during the event, and even the day after they still had an apologetic placeholder message up. Bet someone in GM's IT infrastructure group had some explaining to do. 

https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/next-generation-corvette