The Langley: Residential High-Rise At 1717 Bissonnet St.

musicman

3 hours ago, skooljunkie said:

Hmmm...I cannot see the link, but I am 99.9% certain this is being mixed up with ~800 apartments planned for the 17000 block of Bissonnet in Fort Bend County in the Camelia development just east of FM 1464. 

You're right. Someone mistakenly pinned the location as the site of the Ashby Highrise. 

It is a beautiful highrise. Very elegant. Not taking sides on this. Don't want to set urban loving haifers off. Just saying some folks in the posh houses in the area may not like having a highrise near them. South and North Blvds have some beautiful older houses with large yards. Very enjoyable area to stroll.

Honestly, I do not know what legal leg the opposition can stand on. There are highrises going up everywhere and as far as I know there are no deed restrictions against this sort of thing. I suspect all they can do is fighting a delaying action.

• The title was changed to Ashby High-Rise: 1717 Bissonnet
  • 7 months later...
23 minutes ago, db650 said:

The Ashby high rise land is finally being put to use!

E084A391-70D0-4FED-A37C-16CCFAAAFABB.jpeg

I will never understand this project for what they spent fighting lawsuits they could have built this years ago... anywhere else in Houston... I can name off half a dozen places near the area , just off the top of my head

• Like 5

I still think they should have built an apartment complex with the same number of units that existed previously and made them all low income housing. it wouldn't make as much as luxury high rise, but they would have lost less than they did by chasing the dream.

hell, if I win a billion dollars tomorrow night, I might just buy the property and do it myself.

Edited by samagon
  • Like 5

They've lost a ton of revenue when they tore down the existing apartments before they had permits in hand. If they were smart, they'd flip the cleared land and move on or propose a super high end for-sale condo project full of 3-5 story buildings like those on Sunset Boulevard a few blocks away. Those sell for well over $1.3m and they could pack two dozen or more on the lot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clutchcity94 said:

Can there be a McDonalds next door too?

I know you are trolling, but these jokes were tired 10 years ago.....

As Kinkaid said above, a more practical developer could of found countless profitable uses for this property.  It was essentially affordable grad apartments before for 30+ years........my bet is that Rice buys it up eventually and develops another 5 or 6 story complex for grad students, with a small market or retail along Bissonnet.  

• Like 2

On 1/21/2021 at 8:27 PM, talltexan83 said:

I know you are trolling, but these jokes were tired 10 years ago.....

As Kinkaid said above, a more practical developer could of found countless profitable uses for this property.  It was essentially affordable grad apartments before for 30+ years........my bet is that Rice buys it up eventually and develops another 5 or 6 story complex for grad students, with a small market or retail along Bissonnet.  

Another strip center. Yay....🤕

• 1 month later...