The Galleria Mall At 5085 Westheimer Rd.

why doesnt Simon develop a mall in downtown? or at least help out with the planned retail district, instead of throwing up outlet malls all across the burbs.

The Cypress Outlet is one of their most profitable malls. I believe they bring in ~$900 per square foot monthly. Edited by BigFootsSocks

Perhaps he since he can't tell us what it is, he can tell us what it's not?

If I had to guess - I'd say Simon at the Astroworld plot. Nearest shopping centers are Meyerland, Pearland and Gulfgate. Plenty of income nearby with the MedCenter. Potential hookup to both NRG Park & MetroRail (would be city's only shopping center connected to Rail).

But IIRC half of the site got sold to the county? Who knows ...just a guess.

My point exactly.

Agreed. If Dillard's was smart, they would move...they would get a premium for that premier site. Then use some of the money to build a fresh modern expression of itself nearby.

Maybe configure themselves into BLVD Place in a deal with Wulfe & Co. or the Uptown Park redevelopment. They're clearly out of place with that old tired store in the midst of all that extraordinary Galleria development. The Dillard's tract is a waste of land, as that store doesn't fit the location anymore. It's now a relic and BUTT UGLY.

I'm not saying they need to get out of town, just away from the Galleria. Something fabulous and iconic could be built there...something Williams Tower-ish.

Edited by HTOWN LIVE
  • Like 1

Agreed. If Dillard's was smart, they would move...they would get a premium for that premier site. Then use some of the money to build a fresh modern expression of itself nearby.

Maybe configure themselves into BLVD Place in a deal with Wulfe & Co. or the Uptown Park redevelopment. They're clearly out of place with that old tired store in the midst of all that extraordinary Galleria development. The Dillard's tract is a waste of land, as that store doesn't fit the location anymore. It's now a relic and BUTT UGLY.

I'm not saying they need to get out of town, just away from the Galleria. Something fabulous and iconic could be built there...something Williams Tower-ish.

Agreed.  The Dillard's really detracts from the beauty of the Zone D'erotica building.  

• Like 5