The Astoria: Condominium High-Rise At 1405 Post Oak Blvd.

wxman

I hate to admit this, but I'm actually starting to like it.  The tin feature under the windows is awful and the crown is disgusting but something keeps my intrigued.  

617d-tIpcrL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

^^^ i believe that it's the magic of christmas that currently has you under its spell.

you have a few more days to go...

• Like 4

I have to stare at this mess every day at work.  I feel like the renderings were a sham.  I was excited for a while but now that the paint color and design are so much different, I can't stand it.  I hate the weird silver are the top with the obvious and random door,  It makes no since to have such a different color then the rest of the building.  The weird designs at the bottom seem off.  I have watched them paint over them and redo them many times.  It would look slightly better if the left he alternating ray and white stripes to the bottom over the solid gray block they settled on.  If I had bought a unit in this building I would feel ripped off.  

I agree the bigger windows would be better all the way down and if it was not so horribly asymmetrical. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The last photo above presents this POS in the best possible light by hiding the garish ornamentation (Trump would be proud), downplaying the exterior treatment of the tower, and also hiding the ridiculous pyramid at the top. The Arabella leaves me with some hope based on the renderings that have been released, but with Randall Davis, the architectural bar is low. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...