Regent Square: Mixed-Use On Allen Parkway At Dunlavy St.

Travel_n_Transport

• 1 month later...

Seriously. what is the developer's game plan here? I understand putting the project on hold in 2009 but many mini boom cycles have happened since then.

This would be a HUGE success if it was currently online.

The developers have owned the land since the 1980s, they demolished most of the Allen House (income producing property) and yet the lots remain vacant. Let's hope 2018 IS the year.

Sadly, those Chines developers are going to one up Regent Square, once again, by building their mixed use development on Allen Parkway giving them another "reason" to delay.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Updated brochure..still list the 40 story tower as starting soon. 

http://regentsquarehouston.com/wp-content/uploads/GID_RegentSq_Bro_US_A4.pdf

i2eSFjO.jpg

dK13pZ7.jpgIt references Houston’s MSA as only being 5.95 Million, which was accurate around 2010. However, I saw it made a reference to some 2015 figures as well.  I suspect the update was just sloppily done (kind of like this post, which got trapped in Urby’s post and where I couldn’t figure out how to get it out), which I do not take as a good sign.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, this is not technically a regent square update but there is some activity on an adjacent site. A large portion, if not all of the land used by The Lighthouse and/or The Center just West of the Regent Square site was put up for sale a few months ago. I’ve heard no news about the sale but I did see a soil sampling crew drilling near the corner of West Dallas and Tirell Street yesterday. 

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

As of a couple of days ago workers have been putting a fresh coat of paint on the Allen House units facing Rochow.  My understanding was that this was supposed to be the next phase (high rise resi) being developed.  It seems like there is going to be additional delay with Regent Square unless they are planning to start building on the vacant land first (which would be mostly retail, I believe).  Keep the income producing properties intact as long as possible and start building out the retail...

I see cars parked at their office on Dunlavy fairly regularly so it would seem something is going on (likely wishful thinking!)...

• Like 1

If this did ever happen, coupled with the Buffalo Heights development, it could really transform the Waugh/Allen/Memorial corridor.  Doubtful this comes to fruition, so I'm happy HEB and Buffalo Heights is happening. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://realtynewsreport.com/2018/05/30/40-years-of-designing-urban-houston-qa-with-scott-ziegler-of-ziegler-cooper-architects/

In closer in Houston, the second phase of the Sovereign, off Allen Parkway, is getting under way. It’s the second part of Regent Square, a highly-anticipated mixed-use project. Boston-based General Investment & Development Cos. is the developer. The planned walkable community is near Buffalo Bayou along Dunlavy and West Dallas streets on land formerly occupied by the 1960s­era Allen House Apartments, which were almost all demolished in 2007 to make way for Regent Square. GID has already progressed through the design portion. Regent Square will ultimately include roughly 400,000 square feet of shops and restaurants, 240,000 square feet of office space, 950 multifamily units and 4,200 parking spaces.

• Like 8

It's becoming increasingly frustrating with every new press release that says "starting soon" or "ramping up" with this project. I'll I can ask is when exactly?

This land is just screaming to be filled in with some kind of project, but year after year it just sits there with little or no activity. I want to have hope that this someday comes to fruition, but it just seems like it will be later rather than sooner. 

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Triton said:

The Sovereign is a tower that already exists. Are you seeing something else?

Sorry, should have clarified. Based on looking at the site plan, it looks like phase two is a taller tower than the existing phase I tower. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Actually, page 19 shows it to be a taller tower as well, good news! And according to page 25, could they be connecting the two Sovereign towers???

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 3

I drive by their office almost every day (on Dunlavy) and there have been cars in the parking lot (between 1 and 4) for the last few months. So it would seem something is going on...

also the Allen House apts got paint and a cleanup earlier this year. They also have a banner out front saying “new interiors”. 

It it would seem that they may be keeping the income producing Allen House units and ready to start building out the vacant land...

just my $.02

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lockmat said:

Sorry, should have clarified. Based on looking at the site plan, it looks like phase two is a taller tower than the existing phase I tower. At least that's what it looks like to me.

Actually, page 19 shows it to be a taller tower as well, good news! And according to page 25, could they be connecting the two Sovereign towers???

I’m a little confused by all the Phase I/Phase II talk.  I’m assuming Phase I is The Sovereign and Phase II is everything else, yes?  If so, I see three new high rise residential towers coming.  One at Tirrell and W Dallas, one directly south of The Sovereign and one just southwest of The Sovereign.  In addition, there will be a high rise hotel at Dunlavy and Allen Pkwy a mid rise office tower at Tirrell and Allen Pkwy, and low rise residential and entertainment over the rest of the site.  Based on the renderings, the development could be truly spectacular, — a slam dunk — especially being nestled next to the new Buffalo Bayou Park.  It just needs to get done........

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarathonMan said:

I’m a little confused by all the Phase I/Phase II talk.  I’m assuming Phase I is The Sovereign and Phase II is everything else, yes?  If so, I see three new high rise residential towers coming.  One at Tirrell and W Dallas, one directly south of The Sovereign and one just southwest of The Sovereign.  In addition, there will be a high rise hotel at Dunlavy and Allen Pkwy a mid rise office tower at Tirrell and Allen Pkwy, and low rise residential and entertainment over the rest of the site.  Based on the renderings, the development could be truly spectacular, — a slam dunk — especially being nestled next to the new Buffalo Bayou Park.  It just needs to get done........

What I was told (a long time ago), was that Phase I was The Sovereign and Phase II was the tower next to the Sovereign.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MarathonMan said:

Phase II is Phase II of the portion of the project called the Sovereign.  Ziegler has a map of its version of the master plan for the Regent Square project that features the tower we know as "The Sovereign" with a label of "Phase I" next to it.  A label of "Phase II" is next to a structure just to the south of it.  The image of such is to the right of the map below:

Regent-Square-Rendered-Site-Plan-UPDATE-940x626.jpg

• Like 4